Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going with a sp63 or sp67 turbo, i was wondering if the sp gen2 tranny would hold the power of both of these or do I need to go with the sp400? I would only run race gas maybe 2 times a year since I don't have access to it in my small ass town. But I do wanna get a menthanol (spelling) kit for when someone worth racing pulls up next to me and i wanna boost a little higher. This car will be a daily driver and might be taken on a few trips through out the year (3 hours driving). I've searched and read up alot on these but haven't seen any people posting my situation so if someone could please help me out. Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i wanted to know what kind of RWHP i can make on those 2 turbos going with .81 on 92-93 octane. Also also what kind of quarter mile times? oh and on a side note for those quarter mile times i'm gonna run a 4k stall. sorry for all the question but i rather ask them all now then spread them out. Thanks:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A built Toyota tranny should be able to hold up to the power of both turbos. Although people have run bigger turbos than the 67 on Toyota trannies I think anything larger than a 67 is pushing it.

For HP numbers, check out www.moreboost.org for lots of dynos. 6 speeds sometimes make over 700rwhp with the 67 but I would expect closer to 600rwhp through an auto. The 63 will probably make around 75rwhp less.

As for ET, I believe the 67 is capable of 9s as Val. has proved. Hell I think the 63 may even have 9s in it with the right setup.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
any of you guys know if the gen 1 sp tranny can hold up to the power a 63 or 67 can produce? I was able to pick up a 1st gen sp tranny for a pretty good price and am about to have it installed when my new converter comes in.

carlo

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Thats a nice run Bad94Sup. I was supposed to run my 67 on low boost this weekend but I ran into a problem and couldn't go. I was hoping for high 10s and after seeing your runs you have given me hope. :)

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
Thats a nice run Bad94Sup. I was supposed to run my 67 on low boost this weekend but I ran into a problem and couldn't go. I was hoping for high 10s and after seeing your runs you have given me hope. :)

Provided you can get halfway decent traction, you should have no problem netting a 10.8xx or 10.9xx...I only cut a 1.76 60', im sure I could've done better...Hope you get everything worked out and get some runs in!

I've heard good things about the Gen I tranny, it should hold up quite well!

Andrew

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
So the lag wasn't holding your 60' time back but it was the tires? So the car comes off the line hard with the 4000 stall? I assume you were running 275s on stock rims? I too have a 4000 stall but I'm running a 67GTQ with a .68 hot side. I was worried about lag slowwing me down out of the hole.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
So the lag wasn't holding your 60' time back but it was the tires? So the car comes off the line hard with the 4000 stall? I assume you were running 275s on stock rims? I too have a 4000 stall but I'm running a 67GTQ with a .68 hot side. I was worried about lag slowwing me down out of the hole.
Lag is not a problem whatsoever. I didnt launch as hard as I could have due to fear of spinning (launched around 3k, had more stall in her) Yes, I'm running 275's on the stock rims (18psi). You should have no problem building boost off the line as I'm running a bigger exhaust housing and have no problems..Have you tried launching her yet??:D :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I tried launching the car on street tires on a narrow road. Lets just say that I had to let off before the end of first since the car was all over the place. I thought the car seemed less laggy than my stockers with the 3400 stall but my friend seemed to think that it was more laggy... I only managed a 1.76 60' with my stock turbos.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
I tried launching the car on street tires on a narrow road. Lets just say that I had to let off before the end of first since the car was all over the place. I thought the car seemed less laggy than my stockers with the 3400 stall but my friend seemed to think that it was more laggy... I only managed a 1.76 60' with my stock turbos.
Yeah I felt the same way...Just seems like the boost comes on so much harder and faster than the twins in Seq. mode! Even a 1.7x 60' may get you in the 10's!:D :D

Andrew

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Comparing the sp gen 2 to the sp400, how different will performance be with the sp67 and both with 4k stalls. for example 1/4 mile times and top speed? Also do you think a sp gen2 will be able to handle a spirited driver, i like driving my car hard some days and i don't wanna be worrying about breaking it and all. Thanks for all yahs help yah have really helped alot. Also the shifter for the sp400 does it look like a 6 speed or does it come out hihger, i remember seeing a picture where someone had one and the hifter was really long and i was wondering if i go that way if that's how it's gonna look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts