Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,439 Posts
A built Toyota tranny should be able to hold up to the power of both turbos. Although people have run bigger turbos than the 67 on Toyota trannies I think anything larger than a 67 is pushing it.

For HP numbers, check out www.moreboost.org for lots of dynos. 6 speeds sometimes make over 700rwhp with the 67 but I would expect closer to 600rwhp through an auto. The 63 will probably make around 75rwhp less.

As for ET, I believe the 67 is capable of 9s as Val. has proved. Hell I think the 63 may even have 9s in it with the right setup.

· Registered
1,439 Posts
Thats a nice run Bad94Sup. I was supposed to run my 67 on low boost this weekend but I ran into a problem and couldn't go. I was hoping for high 10s and after seeing your runs you have given me hope. :)

· Registered
1,439 Posts
So the lag wasn't holding your 60' time back but it was the tires? So the car comes off the line hard with the 4000 stall? I assume you were running 275s on stock rims? I too have a 4000 stall but I'm running a 67GTQ with a .68 hot side. I was worried about lag slowwing me down out of the hole.

· Registered
1,439 Posts
I tried launching the car on street tires on a narrow road. Lets just say that I had to let off before the end of first since the car was all over the place. I thought the car seemed less laggy than my stockers with the 3400 stall but my friend seemed to think that it was more laggy... I only managed a 1.76 60' with my stock turbos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.