Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you guys think 25.5k for 46k 1994 TT Auto is too much to pay?

I'm going to look at the car supra, and from researching this seems like an average price.

Also the car is wingless and I havent been able to find out how much it costs to paint and put on the stock wing anybody know?

Another thing down the road I would like to get the car repainted, does anyone know how much that would also run me? It would be black.

With all of these doubts in my mind, I dont know if I should hold off . I really want to hear some other people's views on my situation. I'm already having trouble falling asleep thinking about this.

It's my dream car and I feel that I should only settle for what I've always wanted, a Black MKIV TT Targe 6spd or even an auto with under 50k miles, but my budget isnt going to let me spend that much. Since I cant seem to find that for under 30k anywhere!

I'm worried that if I let this one slide by I'm going to have to wait a long time to find what I'm looking for, but I also feel that if I would buy it somthing better would show up a month later.

Sorry, I'm ranting, but it feels good to get my thoughts out.

Thanks guys,
Jason

Edit: I think red is starting to grow on me, but i need to find out how much it would be to paint and put on a spoiler.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im in the same boat. I would take your time an dbe patient, thats what Im doing..from what other members have said, the market is softening, and age is starting to creep up on pricing..

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
Flex: Don't expect prices to get cheaper right now. If you're very specific, you'll need cash in hand to purcahse a Supra. If you're out to purchase a medium-high mileage Supra that was only semi-well kept, sure, there is no rush.

The price in question seems just about right. Autos sell for a good amount cheaper than 6-speed manuals with the same specifications otherwise.

Good luck with your endeavors.
Brian

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
All i can say is don't settle for something less than you really want. At the end, you will just regret it. If you really want a 6-speed then wait for a 6-speed to come by. The color is not as important per say. But automatics vs. 6speed is a huge difference particularly if you are trying to go above 500hp. And trust me on this one, most people at first say, "... oh 500hp is plenty for me", then you drive it for six months and then want 700, and so on. Thats when swapping out the auto for a manual or upgrading the auto to handle the power is going to cost you big time. To me the idea of a true sports car that is automatic is like jacking off with boxing gloves, you lose the sensation :tag: I say for an auto its a bit pricey. I looked for six months before i found mine. I specifically wanted a red, 6speed, targa top that was close to stock. I finally found it in Atlanta. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Seems like the price is good on that one. If you dont buy it, someone else surely will

·
Registered
491 Posts
A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

You will pay a little more now but in the long run who cares. Don't be worried about people telling you that you overpaid. I don't care what you pay for something, you will always have someone say they could have gotten it for less.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That seems like a fair price if the car was well kept and maintained.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was in the Same spot about a year ago, i wanted a Sup so bad, and i had looked for months, and then one day i was at my friends house, and i was looking on autotrader.com, and found a Black TT 6spd Targa stock with 58k miles....the one i always wanted. That day i called Saleem (Scott) at Exotic Motors, Paypal'd him a deposit, then went out to Illinois to pick it up. The point is, Don't ever "Settle" cuz in the long run, you will regret it. Trust me, it was well worth the wait for me. I almost settled a couple months before i bought the one i have now for an Auto N/A for the Same price i got the TT 6spd for :nono:

Check out www.exotic-motors.com A few members on here have bought from him. If your looking for a supra, hes the one to talk to. If he doesn't have what you want, just tell him, and he will most likely be able to get it for you. Good luck with your search

·
Registered
433 Posts
Jokerfreak16 said:
I was in the Same spot about a year ago, i wanted a Sup so bad, and i had looked for months, and then one day i was at my friends house, and i was looking on autotrader.com, and found a Black TT 6spd Targa stock with 58k miles....the one i always wanted. That day i called Saleem (Scott) at Exotic Motors, Paypal'd him a deposit, then went out to Illinois to pick it up. The point is, Don't ever "Settle" cuz in the long run, you will regret it. Trust me, it was well worth the wait for me. I almost settled a couple months before i bought the one i have now for an Auto N/A for the Same price i got the TT 6spd for :nono:

Check out www.exotic-motors.com A few members on here have bought from him. If your looking for a supra, hes the one to talk to. If he doesn't have what you want, just tell him, and he will most likely be able to get it for you. Good luck with your search
Lol same here. I was looking for months then one day on autotrader found my 1994 TT 6 speed with 28k miles on it for 30k. Sent Scott out a deposit flew out three days later and bought the car off him. Scott's a really cool guy great to deal with.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I just called Scott up and he told me he's getting one in with 80k miles, but thats not what I am looking for and he dosent know when he will be getting anymore in.

Jokerfreak16 or AZSUPRATT are you guys looking to sell your cars? :)

I also just got contacted by a guy selling his dawg, he wants 30k for the car with a spoiler and in black. That would be ideal if I could even get that. But 30k for that car is a little high. He currently has a buyer and will let me know if the deal does not go through.

I feel like my stomach is in knots :scratch:

Thanks for everyones advice so far!

Edit: I called the owner of the red supra and let him know that the supra does not meet my needs and thanked him for his time.

So the hunt begins :blast:

·
Registered
158 Posts
lol sorry crash-n-burn, i don't wanna get rid of mine....but theres a guy by where i work, that specializes in Supra tuning (Craig Paisley), ill ask him if he knows of any for sale, he sometimes comes across some good deals

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jokerfreak16 said:
lol sorry crash-n-burn, i don't wanna get rid of mine....but theres a guy by where i work, that specializes in Supra tuning (Craig Paisley), ill ask him if he knows of any for sale, he sometimes comes across some good deals
Wow, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
25k for a 94 TT auto is a good price if the car is clean.

for a TT 6-spd with under 50k miles; 30K would be an absolute bargin.

93-94 TT 6 spd stock with high milage (150k+) you might get for 25-28K.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Determine what you want and wait until you find one close to what you want.
But don't think for a minute that an auto is not a blast to drive. I track mine at road courses and pass plenty of cars with manual trannies. Not me, but autos also generally on the straight track as well!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Auto's actually will quarter (depending on the driver also) time just a tiny bit quicker then a 6spd (stock for stock of course) due to the gear setup in the auto's compared to the 6spd

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dude crash-n-burn I am also with you right now. I have been looking for months now and havent found anything. I also have a cheese dick family member that gives me bad leeds about cars that he see's for sale. I am stuck to searching around Tucson, Phoenix, and well the whole state. Maybe that's why I haven't found any, but I don't have the time and money to be flying everywhere. But hey like these guys said just wait for the right one as I have done for many things and it always ends up being the best decision. I just want to find a Anthracite Supra TT 6 speed, but will keep looking :bigthumb:

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
I agree with pretty much everyone here. When I bought my Supra, it was just a little cheaper and with just a little more mileage. Twin Turbo Auto, same as yours, so I'd say you're definately right on track! I'd say if you don't mind doing your shifting through a '4spd clutchless automatic' (that's how I justified an auto to myself), then go for it- you won't be disappointed, I promise! :bigthumb:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guy,

I plan to hold off untill I find exactly what I'm looking for. You cant settle for less when you are spending this kind of money.

The search is on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts