Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few concerns with my car, and I dont know if I should worry about them or not....

I was getting my EGT probe finally installed into the DP this weekend and I was under the car looking at stuff...

well first there seems to be a small oil leak from the #2 turbo oil return...

Also, another small leak from the front of the tranny (more toward the front of the car) .... dont know if it really was a leak or oil from the #2 turbo return...

then.. there might be a small leak fron the auto tranny fuild pan.. it seems that it was removed before and they used silicon to put it back..

about these leaks.. should I worry.. or is this normal wear and tear for a 94 TT with about 76k on it...

and if there are concerns .. should I go asap and get them fixed... or what...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The oil leak on the tranny might be the shift shaft seal leaking. Some cars that might have been sitting for a while sometimes develop cracks in this seal causing oil to sputter around the tranny and the dp. That part is about $15 but it is a PIA to replace. In fact Toyota had such a hard time with it that they replaced the entire tranny under warranty ($1600). :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
speaking of that.. car does have signs that it was sittign for a while... hmm.... and oil kinda looks like its coming from the top.... any other signs I should look into ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts