Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my boost controller and now i'm boosting 1 bar. (until i get 525cc injectors :) )

1) 2001-02 mustang GT, from a roll and from a stop. FUNNY! From a stop i pulled him an endless 6-7 cars (no, he did not miss a gear!) My freinds were on the side of the road when i went by in 3rd gear and they said i had 6 and still pulling.

2)Conv. C5 with exhaust... cam.. etc. claimed 380rwhp. he was auto. I took him from a stop. 4 cars and i shut it down at like 115. (he a a not so good start but it didnt matter)

3) Horsepowerstore built SS - Heads/cam LS1 from a 40 roll (he wouldnt run me from a stop) He went on the 2nd honk and i still ended up pulling him 1 car by the top of 3rd.

.... afterwards he claims that he is losing 50-60hp bc he has some sensors out ! BS FLAG!! (he couldnt handle being beat by a lex)

I'm going to buy a video camera so we can get some of these on tape! I really learned how to launch this car. If you are 5spd try this. I rev up to like 3800-4k rpms and drop it enough to spin the tires. once the tires spin a little the turbo spools pretty much instantly and you back off the gas a little to get *a little* traction, shift to 2nd, and you should catch about 5k rpms and be going fast now :) I dont mean burn the tires, but a little tire spin never hurt anyone :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
very nice kills, did you do a 5sp swap or do sc300 come in stick?

R

·
0 Posts
Derek,

The SS you raced isn't running correctly. Some sensors are truely out as per the Chevy dealership. Also he's got a 150 shot on there and most likely wasn't on.

Ryan

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
lol thats awesome man. Its really tight to beat cars like that with your "sleeper" car. The best part is one of them is a shop car. Nice Kills and keep em coming sounds like your having a great time with your new turbo kit.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rwsupra.com said:
Derek,

The SS you raced isn't running correctly. Some sensors are truely out as per the Chevy dealership. Also he's got a 150 shot on there and most likely wasn't on.

Ryan
You dont lose any HP from sensors out such as EGR, or the ECU not seeing cats. The most HP he has lost is like 3 or 4hp! And it runs just fine. He did not spray, and it is a 125 shot not a 150. Im going to race him on 125 shot when i get my larger injectors and run 20psi on race gas.

What do you guys think about a 50 shot on top of 1 bar of boost? I have the kit installed already and am doing an MSD window switch.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
5spd_sc300 said:
You dont lose any HP from sensors out such as EGR, or the ECU not seeing cats. The most HP he has lost is like 3 or 4hp! And it runs just fine. He did not spray, and it is a 125 shot not a 150. Im going to race him on 125 shot when i get my larger injectors and run 20psi on race gas.

What do you guys think about a 50 shot on top of 1 bar of boost? I have the kit installed already and am doing an MSD window switch.
As long as the a/f ratio is good, and you got race gas in it... it is gonna rock. :) Should take about .00001 seconds to spool.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
MkIVSylver said:
nice kills bro, glad to hear a lexus beat a mustang :D what turbo kit do you have installed?
Daveh manifold, Downpipe, WG dump tube
PT51 Turbo
tial 38mm wastegate
2mm Greddy/grex headgasket
MSD6btm ignition
Greddy type s bov
huge precision frontmount intercooler (flows up to 750hp)
2.5" intercooler piping
3" midpipe (no cat)
Apexi S-AFC
Apexi AVC-R boost controller
walbro 255 fuel pump
440cc injectors

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DaveH said:
As long as the a/f ratio is good, and you got race gas in it... it is gonna rock. :) Should take about .00001 seconds to spool.
do you really think i need race gas in it for 15 psi and a 50 shot(wet)? How about retarding the timing a little with the MSD? like .5 degreese per psi so it would retard 7.5 degreese at full boost. Should i keep the A/F ratio at 11 vs 11.5 when on the bottle? Like put a little larger fuel jet in. (will test on dyno first).

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I think you'll be alright with pump gas if you use the MSD to retard the timing. Of course, it would make more HP without retarding the ignition and running race gas.

R

·
0 Posts
why not? it's a 2JZ engine, the same engine making ~1200hp (dan's batlground supra, saad saad, etc etc). A 2JZ is a 2JZ, be it in a supra, an IS300 or an SC300.

380wheel = jack sh*t

You'll be fine up to about 17psi on pump gas. You can actually run more like 20, but I wouldn't do it long-term or you can rape your motor. For 20-25, you'll want 100 octane, for 25-30, you'll want 104, for 30-35, you'll want 110, and for 40+ you'll want 116.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts