Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright First question is about pricing on 89+ bumpers.

Today i was at a junk yard and they had a 89 supra, i bought a lower control arm from it cause i need that to fix mine, but i also got interested in the front bumper wich is in mint condition except for a few small scratches here and there and paint pealing off but ill repaint it anyway. The junk yard wants 175 for complete bumper assembly, i dont know weather that includes the bumpers support or not but all of the mounting brackets and shit like that, No lip. Is that a good price ?

Moving on to question #2, A few weeks ago i crashed my supra and damaged the lower control arm, now comes the time to take it off, I CANT :(... the book sais to take it to a dealer to have them press it out or something like that. I dont want to go to a dealer, cause first thats too much money, ill need a tow cause my car doesent drive and two its the dealer they love ripping people off. So is there something i can do to remove the control arm ? some tool that maybe some of you mechanics used in the past ? any feed back is welcome.

Also that supra had a AUTO tranny chillin in the back, i dont know the condition or the millage of it. But if anyone is interested please contact me and ill find out for ya.

The supra Also has a 5spd tranny. Now this is kinda sketchy, because the car used to be turbo. Or so it sais in the papers. But, it has N/A exhaust... Headers, no turbo!.... the intake is a GTE however and the timing belt cover sais GTE. So that transmission might be an R154. Again, if anyone is interested ill get deails tommorow.

And last but not least. My car needs an exhaust. I was planning to go with some aftermarket big named brand. But now money is tight and im looking into custom 3" exhaust with most likely an Apexi N1 replica canister off ebay. Now this question is more directed to thouse who have a custom exhaust. How does it sound. Is it deep and nice or rattly like a honda. Does anyone have sound clips ? or vids ?

Thnx in advance all help will be apriciated.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
search search search. as far as your bumper goes, thats a decent price. as far as your lower control arm goes i want to cry for you. here's my story. i too hit a curb and sleighty bent the control arm...the bolt slid right off, but on the parts supra that i was getting the control arm from, i would not get that son of a gun to move. i heated, cut the edges. it was solidly in there! so what i did was i took out the whole freakin craddle with the control arm attatch, then i took it to my shop and torched the bolt till it melted...then i machine pressed the bushing out and put in my old bushing. it was a PITA. go to a shop...it will save you time...LOTs of it.

as far as the exhaust...its an exhaust. theres tons of write ups. and it doesnt matter what people say...the best way is to hear it yourself on your car.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Question #1=== you can talk the guy down to prolly 140-145, just tell him ill give u that and ill take it off my self. they will most likley agree. then again 175 is not that bad either.

Question #2=== best bet is a mechanic, cuss that shits a pain in the ass, literally. do as wu tang did :bigthumb:

Question #3=== ni have a custom exhaust, custom 3" right off the turbo all the way back to a magnaflow, no cats or nothing, and it sounds deep as hell, i have a few videos but its just me making passes inside the car, youl still get what it sounds like. pm me if your interested. and oh complete custom exhaust is around 300 ish :D

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
MADSUPRA88 said:
Question #1=== you can talk the guy down to prolly 140-145, just tell him ill give u that and ill take it off my self. they will most likley agree. then again 175 is not that bad either.

Question #2=== best bet is a mechanic, cuss that shits a pain in the ass, literally. do as wu tang did :bigthumb:

Question #3=== ni have a custom exhaust, custom 3" right off the turbo all the way back to a magnaflow, no cats or nothing, and it sounds deep as hell, i have a few videos but its just me making passes inside the car, youl still get what it sounds like. pm me if your interested. and oh complete custom exhaust is around 300 ish :D
wu tang? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
driftedmk3 said:
wu tang? :bigthumb:

If you look at the second post, that is a member here in the supraforums.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts