Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

It's time for me to go single :)

My demands are that it must be streetable and quick spooling. And of course, lots and lots of RWHP :D

I'm going to buy a bodykit and Gauges, BCC, EBC, DP, Exhaust, BOV etc etc...
So I don't have so much money left over for now :sad:

Is the Greddy T78 a good way to go?

What exactly is it I REALLY need for everything to work, again as cheap as possible. I will upgrade with fuel later on...

Clutch and FMIC I know but how about VPC and stuff like that?

Please try and help since I'm a total beginner at this :)

Thanx in advance for your time...

Slowpoke...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Slowpoke said:
Hi guys,

It's time for me to go single :)

My demands are that it must be streetable and quick spooling. And of course, lots and lots of RWHP :D

I'm going to buy a bodykit and Gauges, BCC, EBC, DP, Exhaust, BOV etc etc...
So I don't have so much money left over for now :sad:

Is the Greddy T78 a good way to go?

What exactly is it I REALLY need for everything to work, again as cheap as possible. I will upgrade with fuel later on...

Clutch and FMIC I know but how about VPC and stuff like that?

Please try and help since I'm a total beginner at this :)

Thanx in advance for your time...

Slowpoke...

Yes, I can tell you are a beginner. I was there once too. First and most importantly, you put a fuel system last but put big power first?!?! Please tell me you are kidding. If you are planning on pushing more than 470-490RWHP, you need an upgraded fuel system. I hope you think 470-490RWHP is "lot's and lot's of RWHP." That should be your first mod if you are going big. That is a huge mistake to push big power without appropiate fuel. One boost spike and your bulletproof engine goes boom.

T78? lots of guys have them, but it is anything but quick spooling. It's not that streetable either.(compared to a small single.) A T66, SP63, HKS TO4R, HKS 2035s, would be a better choice. They all make well over 600RWHP+ and are quite streetable with practice.

I hope you have some suspention mods in the list because your stock suspention won't handle 600RWHP. What are you mainly using the car for? Drag? Road Courses? Autocross? Rim and tire upgrade is a must.

For brakes, some hawk blues or porterfield brake pads on some upgraded rotors would work well. TRD hardend rotors and stainless lines are good.

A 4-point roll cage and 4-point harnesses is a good investment for a car over 500RWHP.

Turbo:$5200
Fuel:$1200
Suspention/Rims/Tires$3000
Clutch:$2000
Brakes:$800
Roll cage:$450
Harnesses:$75

Labor=

Most of this will set you back about $11,000 +labor

You might be able to get by skipping the brakes, rollcage and harnesses, but why would you? Those are the some of the more important mods. Good brakes are faster on a track than a crapload of power.

The most important mod is one you do to yourself. Your driving. Most people say 600RWHP around here like they are throwing away theater popcorn, like they could jump in a 600RWHP car and kill everything. "It's just a number" I heard one guy say. Truth is, very, very few actually do. Only the experienced guys that have slowly worked their cars to the level it's at, and slowly break in their driving skills with the car's capibilities. Like mani for example. Or Grant. Can you handle "Lots and lots of RWHP?"

no flame intended at all:) :) :)
-SUPRAT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts