Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this for a few DSM guys over on our side of the world (aka: POSDSM), and also for Stu :bigthumb: .....

1 - MKIV Supra (our very own Stu Hagen off the board)
1 - '91 Eclipse GSX (red one w/flip ups) 2.4L, GT30, alot more....
1 - '93 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (black) 2.3L stroker, 60-1, HKS 272 cams + more....
1 - Neon SRT4
1 - Honda S2000 with 2.2L stroker
1 - Evo VIII (stock, film car)
2 - Crotch Rockets

= fun :bigthumb:

http://www.posdsm.com/matt/Vids/I-90_Tunnels_Stu&Strokers5.10.05.mpg

*Right Click/Save As*

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
This is a critique so please take it constructively as it is meant.

Great scene and shot ideas. I loved the whole thing. The problems mostly are camera was too shakey and a lot of out of focus shots. If the overall camera work could have been done without the problems I mentioned about this would have been super great video. Still I commend you for your work on this video and I enjoyed watching it. I liked the engine sounds. I don't have any idea of what it takes to do this kind of work but a little background music at a low volume that could be turned down so the engine sounds would be heard when applicable would be great.

One other suggestion, I don't think I would put any names on the video even though probably nothing illegal had been done...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

·
Still Sportin' the Twins
245 Posts
That's pretty sweet. Yes, some things could have been better, but I know how long it can take to edit a video. I like it the way it is without music. I prefer to hear the sounds of the cars. The only thing I didn't like was the wind noise, but, not being an expert, I'm not going to criticize for that since I don't know how you would get rid of it. Plus it gave it a nice raw feel. Very real. I also like the angles you got hanging the camera out of the car. Nice job overall. :)

David

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
DavidE said:
That's pretty sweet. Yes, some things could have been better, but I know how long it can take to edit a video. I like it the way it is without music. I prefer to hear the sounds of the cars. The only thing I didn't like was the wind noise, but, not being an expert, I'm not going to criticize for that since I don't know how you would get rid of it. Plus it gave it a nice raw feel. Very real. I also like the angles you got hanging the camera out of the car. Nice job overall. :)

David
I agree with you David about hearing the engine sounds but I also like a some low background music, and especially if whoever is doing the editing could turn the background music down or off when the good engine sounds come up.

I hope my post is or will not taken as a negative because it wasn't intended that way as I also enjoyed watching this video very much. My critique was only offered for ways I thought it could be improved. All of the ideas and scenes and the way the whole video was staged were great.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
looks like fun. First and last names aren't a good idea though :)

·
Drives: Nikon D200
13 Posts
Hey you guy's This is Matt, I'm the one that made the video.

This video was not meant to be realeased to everyone on the internet, I just made a quick compilation for Stu and the guy's to see. All this video was done last night, I know the camera is too shaky, I know its blurry sometimes, the transitions are no where smoothe, I just threw it together at about 4 am last night after I got home because it was exiting for me. And I wanted to show them a demo, That was only 4 min of the 20 min I shot, and Most of the footage is going to be used for our Driv3n Video me and Brady Barry are coming out with in winter 2006. I rarely release footage early, But the DSM's run so less often then Stu's car :) So it was just a dink around.

Don't take it professional, I just did it for fun. And I did not know Derek was going to release this here... Thanks for the compliments though, Ideas are much Apprieciated.

Matt Poppoff
Airpoppoff & WildBarry Productions

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry if I jumped the gun, Matt. I too was pretty excited for people to see it. :dunno:

·
Low Miles Sackrider
190 Posts
Airpoppoff said:

This video was not meant to be realeased to everyone on the internet, I just made a quick compilation for Stu and the guy's to see. All this video was done last night, I know the camera is too shaky, I know its blurry sometimes, the transitions are no where smoothe, I just threw it together at about 4 am last night after I got home because it was exiting for me. And I wanted to show them a demo, That was only 4 min of the 20 min I shot, and Most of the footage is going to be used for our Driv3n Video me and Brady Barry are coming out with in winter 2006. I rarely release footage early, But the DSM's run so less often then Stu's car :) So it was just a dink around.

Don't take it professional, I just did it for fun. And I did not know Derek was going to release this here... Thanks for the compliments though, Ideas are much Apprieciated.

Matt Poppoff
Just as Matt said, this is just some of the early footage for the 3rd installment of Driven (Webpage). But, thanks for the good words and critique, it is always welcome to grow upon. Also, anybody heading out to the track, whether it be drag or open track, let us know since it provides great shots and it isn't just a DSM affair, more like a Turbo affair.

Brady Barry
WildBarry & Airpoppoff Productions

·
Low Miles Sackrider
190 Posts
DavidE said:

David
Just to answer your question on wind-noise, it is most evident on video cameras with external microphones. The cover for these microphones makes all the difference in how much wind noise you hear. With the camera Matt and I are using it is still on the original which cancels wind at 20 mph or less, but I have now found a few to purchase that are for 70 mph.

Brady

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Airpoppoff said:

Matt Poppoff
No matter my crtique previously written I think the video was great. The scenes and shots were super. If you just threw it together I would like to see more of your work when you were able to take a little time with it. You definitely have an eye for what appeas to us car people...

I've seen a lot of these types videos that different people have put together and this one rates right up near the top.

DO SOME MORE CAR VIDEO WORK and PLEASE show it to us.

Thanks for letting us see this video!!!

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
toekneepark said:
vid doesn't work anymore...
"Hey you guy's This is Matt, I'm the one that made the video.

This video was not meant to be realeased to everyone on the internet..."

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aznsporter said:
Can somebody hook me up?
I have the vid save to my computer. Give me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

·
Drives: Nikon D200
13 Posts
93dawg said:
No matter my crtique previously written I think the video was great. The scenes and shots were super. If you just threw it together I would like to see more of your work when you were able to take a little time with it. You definitely have an eye for what appeas to us car people...

I've seen a lot of these types videos that different people have put together and this one rates right up near the top.

DO SOME MORE CAR VIDEO WORK and PLEASE show it to us.

Thanks for letting us see this video!!!
Thank you for the kind words, Ill let all of you know in the future when we realease the new video's. You can see the past video's we have done Here, On the Driven Website...

Thanks again. And if you guys need any good filming for anything Please don't hesitate to email me or brady.

·
Low Miles Sackrider
190 Posts
Definitely, I'm up for any filming of events like Matt said, all you have to do is PM or e-mail one of us. Also, if any of you guys would like to join in on the fun, let us know as well and we'll tell you when the next filming date is.

The previous Driven videos will not even compare to what's coming :) .

Thanks,
Brady

1 - 20 of 31 Posts