Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im having difficulty finding a complete 2 pod A Pillar, it usually universal kits that im finding, any1 know where i can get a dark grey 2 52mm pod a pillar... LEFT HAND DRIVE !!! all i can find is right ... lemme know wasup ... lata

1989 supra turbo
targa top
5 speed
BPU

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nice, three works as well, but does it replace the whole pillar? stupid question it says it right there, thanks man

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
-scarface2jz- said:
nice, three works as well, but does it replace the whole pillar?
yeah, but if you look in there, you can buy a double pod one and still keep the shit handle there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh so it does, hmmm .... this is something to think about, well i also have to keep in mind what kinda gauges to put in boost / vac psi is a must but what else??? exhaust temp??? i need something functional plus i want a clean look so the handle, does it go through the pillar??? or over it???

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
jt curious but why left hand drive?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
driftedmk3 said:
jt curious but why left hand drive?
because my car is left hand drive, i mean common i live in NY and its USDM, lol ur actually the 2nd person to ask that today, i was at a local speed shop and i guess that salesman was new... left hand drive doesnt mean u drive with ur left hand, it means ur steering wheel is on the left side...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got one from gaugepods.com it replaces the entire trim. They have 3pod and 2pod and there nice for 40.00$

here is the link just scroll down to supra and your year
http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota.html

here is the image link
http://www.gaugepods.com/mkIII.jpg

OOps guess while I was looking for the paypal reciept someone already posted the info. O well.

Jen*

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
turbonator82 said:
I got one from gaugepods.com it replaces the entire trim. They have 3pod and 2pod and there nice for 40.00$

here is the link just scroll down to supra and your year
http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota.html

here is the image link
http://www.gaugepods.com/mkIII.jpg

OOps guess while I was looking for the paypal reciept someone already posted the info. O well.

Jen*
The lotek ones have a problem where they tend to start warping after a while. I've seen a few that has that problem.

Everyone else makes it for the right hand drive non us Supras.

·
TO4R
365 Posts
-scarface2jz- said:
oh so it does, hmmm .... this is something to think about, well i also have to keep in mind what kinda gauges to put in boost / vac psi is a must but what else??? exhaust temp??? i need something functional plus i want a clean look so the handle, does it go through the pillar??? or over it???
Hey I have a A pillar Pod FS with a Apexi 60mm Boost gauge,goes up to 2.5 bar
i can sell it to you for 120shipped.
PM if your interested.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorrry man, but 60 mm is a lil too big, plus im interested in PSI, i hate converting bar to PSI, 14 psi to every bar so if ur at 1.5 bar than.... ummmm, im confused, plus a 60 mm gauge chillin on ur a pillar in new york is beggin for an obstruction on view ticket... cops around here are dicks like that, obviously racings a big problem around here, lol, thanks for the offer though [

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
-scarface2jz- said:
because my car is left hand drive, i mean common i live in NY and its USDM, lol ur actually the 2nd person to ask that today, i was at a local speed shop and i guess that salesman was new... left hand drive doesnt mean u drive with ur left hand, it means ur steering wheel is on the left side...

ohh got you lol got my right adn left mixed up i was gonan say your car is on the right side though. haha :ugh2:

but suprastore has them; http://suprastore.com/pilpod19to19.html
^^ feel free to delete my post if i wasnt suppost to link it....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OneJoeZee said:
see even worse, i would be havin seizures trying to calculate while tuning... lol

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
yah... they are usually pretty lenient about posting other stores in the mk3 section, since not many on here cater to us... but supra store is a no no.

Anyways Lotek pillars suck imo, they are angled out so much that its almost as easy to read them outside the car as it is inside and they do warp quite a bit... too bad theres not really anyone that makes a decent pod for us. That Roy guy on sm made a great looking pod, but now i dont trust him, dr jonez has been waiting for his center console from him for 8 months i think it is.

As far as gauges, i would do it in this order:

1. Boost
2. EGT
3. Oil temp
4. Oil pressure
5. Water temp
6. i wouldnt waste my time with any others, a volt gauge can be put in place of the stock boost gauge from an N/A car.

Note: obviously you want to throw a wibeband in there somewhere if your up to that point.

Tim

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
-scarface2jz- said:
see even worse, i would be havin seizures trying to calculate while tuning... lol

its not that bad

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OneJoeZee said:
its not that bad
yea but im makin a point that i dislike any idea of BAR, ide just rather have psi, lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
selz202 said:
yah... they are usually pretty lenient about posting other stores in the mk3 section, since not many on here cater to us... but supra store is a no no.

Anyways Lotek pillars suck imo, they are angled out so much that its almost as easy to read them outside the car as it is inside and they do warp quite a bit... too bad theres not really anyone that makes a decent pod for us. That Roy guy on sm made a great looking pod, but now i dont trust him, dr jonez has been waiting for his center console from him for 8 months i think it is.

As far as gauges, i would do it in this order:

1. Boost
2. EGT
3. Oil temp
4. Oil pressure
5. Water temp
6. i wouldnt waste my time with any others, a volt gauge can be put in place of the stock boost gauge from an N/A car.

Note: obviously you want to throw a wibeband in there somewhere if your up to that point.

Tim
thanks tim, i will defiately keep that in mind, so i guess i will do a 3 pod pillar with boost, EGT, and oil temp, thanks man, and hells no am i even close to needing a wideband, lol.... thanks lata - matt-

1 - 20 of 26 Posts