Supra Forums banner

A question for all Supra N/A Owners

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  *wishlist*supraTT 
#1 ·
Right now I have the money to buy an early N/A MKIV. I was curious as to your thoughts. Should I just wait and save up more to get a TT or should I go N/A?

G
#4 ·
if you want the speed (and 5 extra speeding tickets), get the TT.

if you want the style and the looks, get an NA and get some rims and springs and maybe a bodykit and/or HID lights... etc. :D

but seriously, it really depends on your needs. there are a tons more parts for the TT. you can pump more HP out of the TT engine too. which ever poison you choose, you'll have fun.

enjoy, and good luck :)

#5 ·
Yeah go TT for absolute speed! I'm satisfied with my n/a since I don't know what I'm missing. The n/a does have some performance though. I like to "back down from stangs" when they pull beside me but ride their bumper through the turns while they use all their skill to corner, I'm just cruising! :D

G
#6 ·
vreaux728645 said:
Yeah go TT for absolute speed! I'm satisfied with my n/a since I don't know what I'm missing. The n/a does have some performance though. I like to "back down from stangs" when they pull beside me but ride their bumper through the turns while they use all their skill to corner, I'm just cruising! :D
hehe i know that feeling :D

Rob~

#7 ·
what are they roads like where you guys are?
moost of the back roads around my way are not exactly ...hmm...good. im afraid to put my car into hard turns b/c the turns are not smooth and rrather bumpy. will our supras hold over bumps on tight turns?..i notice a slight slide when i did it once or twice...but im not pushing it. on the smooth turns ((there is one really tight((AND REALLY FUN)) turn where i take it at about45 in..and aabout the same out...but slow to about 38 in the middle. its really tight... and i can do that smoothly...no slide...and only slight barking from the rear wheels. bump im not so sure about the bumps? any experiences?

TO THE INITIAL POSTER: if you are thinking about getting an na and turboing it...get a tt...its easier and u can get((i think)) 400rwhp by just basic things...intake, exhaust, gears...stuff like that. the na's have the style, but in stock form dont usually take a newer mustang gt. whatever you choose, its still a supra.

#8 ·
I pretty much live out in the country, and the roads are bumpy, but they're not that big of a deal.
Instead of going into the turn fast, and slowing down in the mddle, slow down before the turn and then accelerate out. If you go in fast, and then let off the gas towards the middle, this can cause you to slide. If you slow down before the turn, and accelerate through it, it should keep the car firmly planted giving you a higher exit speed. Just don't over do it.

#10 ·
go with a n/a and put a sinlge turbo on it. the n/a head, intake manifold and runners flow more air. plus if you do a single tubro it will start boosting alot sonner then a twin turbo with a sinlge. just my thoughts grag's paisley's car is n/a the car in fast and furious is a n/a converted to a single and i know a couple people with 10-11 second n/a-t single turbo's there lighter and faster. if you would be buying a TT and putting a single turbo or repacemnt aftermarkert turbos it will runs oyu about the same maybe more .

#11 ·
Xdreamer said:
go with a n/a and put a sinlge turbo on it. the n/a head, intake manifold and runners flow more air. plus if you do a single tubro it will start boosting alot sonner then a twin turbo with a sinlge. just my thoughts grag's paisley's car is n/a the car in fast and furious is a n/a converted to a single and i know a couple people with 10-11 second n/a-t single turbo's there lighter and faster. if you would be buying a TT and putting a single turbo or repacemnt aftermarkert turbos it will runs oyu about the same maybe more .
xdreamer, Craig Paisley's drag Supra has a 2JZ-GTE. It ran 8's on a stock bottom end.

The F&F Supra is Craig Lieberman's. It also had a 2JZ-GTE in there. pls check your facts.

#12 ·
Yeah those guys are 2JZ-GTEs however Vinny Ten is actually a 2JZ-GE engine and his times are down there too but all in all its best to save for a TT and get that because you have better brakes suspension and stuff like that. More options to chose from on aftermarket parts and they are easier to get a hold of. Insurance is another thing to consider but if you can afford the TT do it.
Later

G
#13 ·
ThomsonCharm said:
Yeah those guys are 2JZ-GTEs however Vinny Ten is actually a 2JZ-GE engine and his times are down there too but all in all its best to save for a TT and get that because you have better brakes suspension and stuff like that. More options to chose from on aftermarket parts and they are easier to get a hold of. Insurance is another thing to consider but if you can afford the TT do it.
Later
the heads are a lot better on a gte vinny is pushing 1100 no nitrous on a ge head. if he were to use a gte head expect a 300hp increase.

#15 ·
Sorry i i mixed up greg's car with another guy's anyways the 2jz-ge is just as bulet proof as the gte. I thought i read somewhere the ge flowed more then the gte? maybe they were talking about there intake manfiolds? Just wondering.

#16 ·
i also heard that the heads flowed better than the gte... the truth? i don't know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.