Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I can haz Supra plz?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if this sounds weird to some of you, but I need to ask. I'm 22 years old, and I'm going to graduate college soon (I'm saving up to go back and finish) and afterwards I will be looking seriously into buying a MKIV. I have had a few friends who have let me check out their set-up's and have been lucky enough to get a ride in a high power single turbo MKIV (Thanks Villian!)... But...

I just want to know if anyone in the area (Chambersburg, PA) or surrounding would be willing to show me their set-up and possibly give me a ride, maybe even pull on the highway so I can get a feel for a few different set up's.

Believe me, if I was a supra owner reading this I would think "Weird," but I truly appereciate the MKIV and it's possibilities.

If gas is an issue, I'll put up some money for you. Just PM me or reply to the thread - also my email is [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to read everyone,

Jim.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
If you get close to Phila I have no problem demonstrating mine but with work, family etc not much chance I can cruise near Chambersburg anytime soon. Valley Forge is good, some winding roads nearby and then jump on a highway for a few blasts.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
i wouldnt worry about set-ups if you dont even have a supra yet , no offence .....it would make more sense if you had a supra and wasnt sure what set up to go with .....that i would understand .....whats the fastest car you have owned ?

·
I can haz Supra plz?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you get close to Phila I have no problem demonstrating mine but with work, family etc not much chance I can cruise near Chambersburg anytime soon. Valley Forge is good, some winding roads nearby and then jump on a highway for a few blasts.
Thanks alot Nick, my home town is actually Devon (Right by VF Park). I'll be back there this weekend for my neice's birthday party. If you feel up to it, and get some free time I'd love to check it out. I'll PM you with my cell and you can text me or call me when you are free. NE forum people are the best ;)

i wouldnt worry about set-ups if you dont even have a supra yet , no offence .....it would make more sense if you had a supra and wasnt sure what set up to go with .....that i would understand .....whats the fastest car you have owned ?
I completely understand what you're saying, and don't take any offense to it. I said it sounds like a weird request :( It probably would make more sense that way, but there are so many options out right now - why not see if anyone generous enough will be willing to show what they've done so I can get a good starting point to build my own opinions?

The fastest car I've personally owned is my 2004 Accord Coupe - and it's bone stock. It's all I need to get me back and forth to work/school. Thats why I'm looking to buy after I graduate.

P.S. I am in love with the Supra, and have researched it for countless hours, and I was the lot manager at the Mercedes dealership at home, and I've driven unimaginable cars (i.e. McLarren SLR, Maybach, and every AMG that they've made so far) so I know alot about high power cars :)

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Thanks alot Nick, my home town is actually Devon (Right by VF Park). I'll be back there this weekend for my neice's birthday party. If you feel up to it, and get some free time I'd love to check it out. I'll PM you with my cell and you can text me or call me when you are free. NE forum people are the best ;)

I completely understand what you're saying, and don't take any offense to it. I said it sounds like a weird request :( It probably would make more sense that way, but there are so many options out right now - why not see if anyone generous enough will be willing to show what they've done so I can get a good starting point to build my own opinions?

The fastest car I've personally owned is my 2004 Accord Coupe - and it's bone stock. It's all I need to get me back and forth to work/school. Thats why I'm looking to buy after I graduate.

P.S. I am in love with the Supra, and have researched it for countless hours, and I was the lot manager at the Mercedes dealership at home, and I've driven unimaginable cars (i.e. McLarren SLR, Maybach, and every AMG that they've made so far) so I know alot about high power cars :)
well id be more than happy to give you a ride but im in ny ....word of advice : (and the reasoning behind what i said ) im not sure what your options are but if your gonna buy a supra , i wouldnt look at what type of setup it has , you need to judge by its condition .....if your thinking about buying a different car , then the only thing that i would compare the supra to (in its price range used) would be a 13-14 mustang cobra ......anything i could help you with , let me know !

·
I can haz Supra plz?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well id be more than happy to give you a ride but im in ny ....word of advice : (and the reasoning behind what i said ) im not sure what your options are but if your gonna buy a supra , i wouldnt look at what type of setup it has , you need to judge by its condition .....if your thinking about buying a different car , then the only thing that i would compare the supra to (in its price range used) would be a 13-14 mustang cobra ......anything i could help you with , let me know !
Yeah, I'd definetely be looking at condition - especially if it was already modded. It's tough now to find a bone stock twin turbo supra thats mid-mileage/in good condition, so as long as I know who did the work, and how well it runs, I could trust the car and seller - but still it wont be for at least a year and a half.

I don't want to buy another car :) I have respect for all sorts of cars, including the Cobra, but it's been my dream since '94 to have a MKIV.

Thanks for the offer though, I'd love to check out your car some time - and I'm always full of questions :1poke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts