Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,399 Posts
no offence but before you wet yourself supras are not drag cars...i couldnt get to your article where i guess they talked about it, but in the end the domestic has the better drag set up. supras can win, and do a lot of the times, but when it comes down to it domestics will take the 1/4, top end the supra is king.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
LYTLdiablo said:
no offence but before you wet yourself supras are not drag cars...i couldnt get to your article where i guess they talked about it, but in the end the domestic has the better drag set up. supras can win, and do a lot of the times, but when it comes down to it domestics will take the 1/4, top end the supra is king.
uhh, i kinda agree that supras arent specificly made for drag racing but i wouldnt say they arent drag cars...running 9's or 10's on a daily driven isnt out of the ordinary at all with a supra, and i dont see many domestics doing that

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well no matter what, that Supra has a FULL interior that's driven every day with all the amentities it came from the factory(A/C, P/S, ABS, ETC), it weighs ALOT, and is a REAL street car, not a glorified "wanna be" street car with nothing in it, and it beat that 9sec. gutted out lightweight domestic car(that doesn't get driven everyday), end of story. Oh BTW that Supra also has a stock bottom end and the head isn't ported, that's impressive by ANY standards.

T

·
0 Posts
Some of you guys are in a world of your own...

There are far more domestic 10 second cars out there that are true street cars than there are supras.

Why don't some of you guys that have never been to a drag strip go a few times and see what is really out there. You'll probably be really suprised.

Street Racing and Drag Racing are totally different things and there for a car that runs 10s at the track is not going to run that on the street. There are so many variables that you can't compare a 10 second track car to an 11 second track car on the street. Anything can happen.

I'd like to see all these daily driven 9-10 Second Supras. How many are on the board? A Handful?

How many 9-10 cars were there in Vegas?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
There are hundreds of thousands of V-8 domestic "pony cars" or whatever people call them out there compared to how many Supras?? Of course there are more fast domestics. Try looking at the percentage of fast domestics around compared to the amount made. No that wouldn't be fair, since so many housewives own them LOL! The live rear axle helps drag launches quite a bit. That plus V-8 torque makes them good drag racers. No secret.

T

·
0 Posts
I agree with all thats said here but you guys have to remember that a domestic cars ET is predicated on their 60 ft time.They leave like a son-of-a-bitch at the track...but not on the street.A typical 10 sec Supra is going to cut a 1.8-2.0 60ft while a Mustang/Camaro would be cutting a 1.4-1.6.On the street you cannot cut a 1.4 but you could cut a 2.0.Therefore,Its my opinion(no flames please) that a 10 second Supra will win 3 out of 4 races against a 10 sec Mustang/Camaro on the street.Keep in mind we are talking street cars here and nothing on slicks on concrete bridges or anything like that.Just a 10 second Supra pulling up at a light with a 10 second stang.Of course what are the odds of that?

Joe

·
Grocery Getter
439 Posts
Man that is one ugly looking car. Who cares if it is fast, you couldn't even pic up a prostitute with that thing. God that is one ugly car. Who cares if the supra gets beat, at least it has that thing beat in every other class. That is why everyone that doesen't have a supra is jealouse. You can beat it in one category but not all. OUCH that's gotta sting a little

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
94WasagoodYR said:
Man that is one ugly looking car. Who cares if it is fast, you couldn't even pic up a prostitute with that thing. God that is one ugly car. Who cares if the supra gets beat, at least it has that thing beat in every other class. That is why everyone that doesen't have a supra is jealouse. You can beat it in one category but not all. OUCH that's gotta sting a little
Were you born in '94, or did your brain stop developing that year?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm,

another domestic/import comparo... Usually, I find that 10sec supras have put the same amount of cash into the car, i.e. user paid an additional 15K-20K (bought a 94 4 let's say 10K). And heck, dyno-tuning is da*n $$$.

And those supras look and ride beyond words, i.e. excellent, for a street car. For racing, who cares what the interior and stickers looks like, it's just got to go fast and win :D bottom line...therefore as compared to domestics, I can spend 15K on a car and run and look just as good. Moral of the story: you get what you pay for.

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
considering ther where about 7ish thousand TT supras (auto and 6 speed) made in the USA between 93.5 and 98.. and there where more then 7k 5.0s sold in January 86.. it DOESNT surprise me that there are MORE 8 and 9 second mustangs then supras:)
d.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Is everyone in this post not paying attention?!? Great you all jumped to defend the supra stating "they win sometimes against these cars" and "well it may have lost but look how ugly that thing is," HELLO!!!!! THE SUPRA WON!!! READ THE SITE, LOOK AT THE PICS, RE READ THE TITLE OF THIS POST! Bye bye muscle car!

Adam

W

·
0 Posts
if enyone would ever have some doubts about a Supra vs a Muscle Car I would definately show them Adrocks signature.. damn thats one beautiful car..
BTW I still don't get the point of judgeing cars by their 1/4 mile times.. I mean what does it prove? That one car is faster in a straight line (and possibly not when streetracing). Is that Supremacy?!?! That US/Japan war sounds like a lot of crap.. compare the cars on a race track not a drag strip.

Peace

U

·
0 Posts
gritsak said:

uhh, i kinda agree that supras arent specificly made for drag racing but i wouldnt say they arent drag cars...running 9's or 10's on a daily driven isnt out of the ordinary at all with a supra, and i dont see many domestics doing that
you should really get outta that own little world of yours that supras are the only cars known to man, seems like supra owners tend to think they are gods of the import world... take a trip down to any legit track and you'll see that there are a number of domestics running those kinds of times- TTA's, GNx's which can easily break that 10 sec barrier ESPECIALLY...

and the discussion of mustang vs supra comparing apples to oranges, they are 2 different cars... when it comes down to drag racing its a matter of who put more time and money in their car- i wouldn't think a 25k muscle car vs a 40k sports car is a real fair comparison to begin with...

S

·
0 Posts
well well look what some one has done. lets get the facts straight the g-body had problems and lifted 1/8 mile and it was still to close to call. the only reason the g-body paid was he felt it would end an arguement that went on for over an hour after the race.
now the supra said he would do it again (we even gave him the break this time) so we locked it up for 1000 and guess what saturday night the kid came up without his car . he said he would go get it then he never showed agian. punkout money please.
also the supra ran turbo and spray to the g-body's motor. :mad:

hope you guyz like the sight:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
smallblockposse said:
well well look what some one has done. lets get the facts straight the g-body had problems and lifted 1/8 mile and it was still to close to call. the only reason the g-body paid was he felt it would end an arguement that went on for over an hour after the race.
now the supra said he would do it again (we even gave him the break this time) so we locked it up for 1000 and guess what saturday night the kid came up without his car . he said he would go get it then he never showed agian. punkout money please.
also the supra ran turbo and spray to the g-body's motor. :mad:

hope you guyz like the sight:D
Yeah I know, the g-body was running w/o NOS, sure, if a guy wins, he'll still pay out anyway, sure, yeah we believe you, sure. LMAO.

S

·
0 Posts
call your boy tell him to go to the pound and get a dog if he's scared. cause as of right now we're looking for our 1000 punkout money.
as for street supra bite your tough i know more about that supra then you think. it just looks like a street car. its a nice car but 40,000 to 50,000 dollar car verus our 10,000 dollar street car.

just make sure you write your name on your 100's so i can post them on the site again
:D

S

·
0 Posts
Let me start by saying the license plate on that supra should say c u in the 11's and not c u in the 9's because that shit is junk:( As far as us paying because we lost:mad: NOPE, basically we were out numbered and is it really worth fighting over when we all do this racing everynight:rolleyes: We were running all motor to turbo and spray, there is not even a plate or a NOS line on the car:( But the supra is hiding somewhere with his tail between his legs, we locked up that $1000 for the next dry night and he comes with out his car talking about he was going to get it and never came. He shut his phone off.:eek: SCARED We are expecting our punk out money. Any other imports want to try something with the posse on the street???? :D LET US KNOW

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Funny, from what I heard they called your so called "posse" out 2night and you guys didn't wanna run, what happened?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts