Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats going on? im looking for the best parts for an 87 non turbo supra, can you please help me?

1. what are the best headers/manifold to get for a non turbo supra? for the headers is there a size to get when you get the headers?

2. for most power gains what kind of downpipe should i get?

3. just to make sure---> to get a boost controller you have to have turbo right?

4. should i consider getting a 90mm Q45 thottle body?

5. whats the best performance transmission you can buy for an 87 auto supra?

6. is there any catalytic converter better than the magna flow?

7. whats the best performance muffler and exhaust system thats still quiet?

8. is it worth it, to get a ma70 speed controler?

9. whats the best adjustable cams to buy?

10. for mk3's with high performance, what kind of head gasket is best to get?

11. there is no such thing as a high performance mass air flow meter is there?

12. what are the best stainless steel hoses to buy? can they be a performance gain?

13. whats the best performance chip to buy?

14. when you want power gains, whats the best connecting you can buy

15. whats the best size fuel injector you should buy?

16. while flooring the car, first and second gear are sweet but 3 gear take along time to get up and switch to forth, is there anything i can do for that? also whats the best clutch i can buy?

17. what are the best performance

18. for bigger piston rings, will i need a bigger head gasket or what?

19. does the engine crank pulley do anything with quick accleration?

20. although my car isn't turboed will it make any difference if i put a turbo elbow up on the car? will i get any gains?

21. to be all motor what else do i have to get to create high power gains for an mk3

just thanking yall in advance for yall to use your your time and help me. thanks,

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
*dont laugh dont laugh.....*

1. have to ask the NA guys
2. for a downpipe you need a turbo, but 2.5 in is usually as big as you should go NA
3.yes
4. um, you could, but not very worth it
5. th350/th400
6. for power? any high flow can do it, for emissions, any exaust shop can take care of ya
7. debateable, in my expereince w/o rust to worry about the hks super dragger is pretty quiet
8. no
9. if you mean adj. cam gears. dunno, cams are another matter....
10. search (well should have said that in the beginning) you'll get a debate but for bang for the buck id say cometic
11. no, but you can get the maft/maft-pro/gcc and vpc to get rid of it
12. um for the brakes pretty much anywhere on a major site is fine, yes it would be a upgrade, the rest its preventive matience IMO
13. cant get chips for these cars pretty much
14. wtf? error does not compute
15. depends on your power goals, for the NA guys i would say the 440's the turbo guys come with and get them cleaned and flow matched with some tuning
16. 3rd is a long gear naturally (more so with it being NA ;) ) if you got a auto you mean stall converter, and i dont know someone else can chip in
17-18 (assuming these went toghter) JE pistons will make any ones you want pratically, if you bore out the motor to fit them yes you need a diff. head gasket
19. yes, but its dampened so unless you get a dampened one dont fuck with it, easy way to kill the motor
20. exausts are totally diff. you dont need one
21. um, there is a guy on here who had a nice one, but basically high compressions, lots of NOOOOSSSS!!! (lol) and a lot of tuning, its better for the money to go turbo

plz search next time thanks

<l><l>

·
Registered
696 Posts
ooooook.... im never one to say it but you should search! but ill be a nice guy and anwser what i can.
1. what are the best headers/manifold to get for a non turbo supra? for the headers is there a size to get when you get the headers? Pacemaker or Pasesetter i forget the name

2. for most power gains what kind of downpipe should i get? Downpipes are only for Turbo engines

3. just to make sure---> to get a boost controller you have to have turbo right?yea you need a turbo engine

4. should i consider getting a 90mm Q45 thottle body? dont bother on a NA engine

5. whats the best performance transmission you can buy for an 87 auto supra?Theres a sticky on the technical about building up a auto transmition.

6. is there any catalytic converter better than the magna flow?donno

7. whats the best performance muffler and exhaust system thats still quiet?Mose mufflers have a sliencer i believe

8. is it worth it, to get a ma70 speed controler????

9. whats the best adjustable cams to buy?donno have to search

10. for mk3's with high performance, what kind of head gasket is best to get?Metal headgaskets are probly your best anwser.

11. there is no such thing as a high performance mass air flow meter is there?Lexus AFM. but with 550 injecters you get a rough idle apparently

12. what are the best stainless steel hoses to buy? can they be a performance gain?

13. whats the best performance chip to buy?

14. when you want power gains, whats the best connecting you can buy. dont fuck around with a NA get a turbo engine and build ooff that

15. whats the best size fuel injector you should buy?550 for a turbo engine i have been told are still compatible with the atslk ECU

16. while flooring the car, first and second gear are sweet but 3 gear take along time to get up and switch to forth, is there anything i can do for that? also whats the best clutch i can buy?

17. what are the best performance. exhaust for a turbo engine did alot for me

18. for bigger piston rings, will i need a bigger head gasket or what?

19. does the engine crank pulley do anything with quick accleration?you can get a different harmonic balancer but the stalk one is fine, their has been issues with aftermarket ones to my knoledge

20. although my car isn't turboed will it make any difference if i put a turbo elbow up on the car? will i get any gains? you CANT put a turbo elbow on a NA engine.......

21. to be all motor what else do i have to get to create high power gains for an mk3.... just buy a turbo its way more worth it.

you need to learn more about the car befor doing anything search and read. their is ALOT of useful stuff on here.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
not to be the bitch, someone will be at some point:

combine your threads and youll get more attention
also make your post with less questions. your not going to get alot on answers in a thread with 21 questions cause people dont wanna take the time to answer them all. research then ask questions. most people dont like to play 20 questions about easy simple stuff

Most of the questions youve asked today have been under the mk3 faq. also combine threads. in today alone your have over 3 threads made and a couple are the same thing.

enjoy your stay

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
I've said this on ALL of your threads so far, so I'm gonna be a bitch and say it again, YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THOSE ANSWERS IF YOU SEARCH! Save us time and do your homework. A forum is a database more than a question center... Do us all a favor and click this link. This pretty much covers everything there is about posting.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Shawn

·
690 Posts
mysupra87 said:
yes that video should be required when you sign up.lol!
+1

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I think you might be better off getting stock GTE electronics/manifolds/downpipe/turbo and just running it on "stock" boost. You'll be much happier.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
OBX Headers all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Serious i ran them for my NA.. Love it!

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
I"ll sum this up very quickly for you..

I had a friend who thru insane amounts of money into a 7mge motor. He couldn't get more than 300 to the wheels in it, and it was EXTENSIVELY modified. TPIS out of Minneapolis did a GM ECU (flashable PROM) in the car and tuned it. Heavily ported head, big lift cams, ultra high compression engine, car couldn't run on anything less than leaded fuel.

Things moved pretty well.. but an upgraded ct26 car with 550s would pull on it without too many problems.

If the NA is all you have, do an intake and exhuast, and work on keeping it maintained.

·
690 Posts
supraman07 said:
:( man..... yall hurt my feelings lol dang ok....once again im going to say im sorry but yo 1988 supradreams dude how do a high pressure line cost for power streering. can you like give me a estimate cost. thanks
You can get a price quote on a new high pressure line from one of our sponsor Toyota dealers here on the forums. Good luck :bigthumb:

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
supraman07 said:
DANG DUDE, ALL THE MONEY AND ALL YOU GET IS 300 HORESES TO THE WHEEL!WELL, well you gave me my answer and solution=save up for a 1jz swap! he he
:repost:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts