Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to everyone! I just wanted to take some time to bring everyone up to speed on a few changes that have occured in my life recently. These changes somewhat effect the day to day life on this page. I really enjoy contributing within the Supra community so, I wanted to tell everyone why I haven't been posting as much lately.

First of all, I am no longer working with Custom Sounds. I have been in the car audio buisness for about 10 years and lets just say that when you are in it as long as I was and as deep as I was, the "magic" and "excitement" of car audio had long since faded away.

In my position with Custom Sounds, I was more concerned with hiring, firing, recruiting, merchandising, purchasing, rep firms, manufacturers, maintenance to the stores bla bla bla! I found that the actual "fun" of car audio was long gone. I need to take a step back in order to regain my hobby, so to speak.

I sure hope that makes a little bit of sense.

SO ANYWAY! Never fear, I am still going to donate what wisdom I have in terms of audio to this community. What I am not going to be able to do any longer is offer things such as boxes, speaker panels and other car audio items to anyone for sale because, I am not working in the car audio buisness any longer.

I still, however, have millions of contacts within the car audio industry. So, I will be more than happy to direct people when I can.

One more good thing.... I can now state my opinion a little bit more clearly without fear of retribution from manufacturers!

Thanks and I'll see ya on the board!

Thomas Kenyon
(Still lookin' for that RSP!)

Pete......I'm counting on you to come through for me!

·
road hazard
452 Posts
sorry to hear that you've left the car audio business. i'd like to thank you for all your help that you've given here on the forum. your professional advice and opinions are always respected here.

see ya around.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
WAIT! WAIT!

Thomas, can I still get the door panel mounting plates to mount 6.5" speakers? I can PayPal you right away. Pleeeeease? :(

·
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's just what I don't want..... I pissed of guy with a nice gun collection!

You have mail...

Thomas Kenyon

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
That's just what I don't want..... I pissed of guy with a nice gun collection!

You have mail...

Thomas Kenyon
LOL! Give me some brackets, NOW! :uzi:

-------------------------
Disgruntled Postal Worker :p

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
We were wondering

A couple of us were stressing looking for sub boxes. If there's anyone in the industry who's making decent boxes that could drop-in or could be trusted to build one without the car in front of them please let us know. As it stands now I'm pretty close to biting the bullet and having a box made locally at who knows what cost.:eek:

Anyway, glad to hear you're fine. Understand about getting burned out! Any manufacturers you want to rat out now ;) Take care!

·
Registered
763 Posts
hakaida said:
At least youre still around. i was thinking maybe something really bad happened to you.
My thoughts exactly.

Thomas I talked to my friend. He does not really want to sell it but he said he would think about it.

We talked about it tonight. He said he would not take anything less than $46,000 for it IF he were to sell it. He has the following done to the car...

1998 Blue RSP supra
approx 26,000 miles.
Black Leather interior
6 speed.
(I think there are less than twenty 1998 Supras in the country wiith this combination of options/color.)
Paint and interior are in flawless condition.

HKS titanuim exhaust
Brembo Cross drilled rotors.
Steel braided break lines.
TRD racing break pads.
Tanabe down pipe.
Blitz stainless intake.
TRD front strut tower bar.
B&M short throw shifter.
Full G-force OBDI ECU.
Tien HA coilovers with upper pillow ball mounts.
custom painted valve cover RSP blue with pearl ghost flames.
TRD 10,000 RPM tach.
boost guage.
TRD chrome oil filler cap.
TRD 1.3 bar radiator cap.
New Blue top Optima battery.
synthetic oil changes every 3,000 miles.

Also as per our discussion I would be willing to swap out the black interior for my flawless cream interior from my personal 14,000 mile supra. :)

I will let you know if he changes his mind.

-pete

D

·
0 Posts
Thomas,

I am very interested in getting a hold of one of those mounting plates. I heard you had quit manufacturing them? Is there any particular reason? It sounds like everybody and their dog is after them.

If you don't have them, do you think a decent car audio shop could find a way to get 6.5's into the Supra doors without ripping crap up?

·
the clever guy
782 Posts
I'm new to this forum but I have been "tinkering" with car audio for about eight years. I want to get into the industry at the engineering level. I have a passion for all electronics but mostly audio equipment. Over the years I have learned basic skills; Enclosure building, installation, repairs, troubleshooting, and some academics in highschool. I am in the USAF right now as a computer technician, flying on one of our surveillance aircraft(AWACS) and will be getting out of the service in October. I plan on earning a bachelors in Electronics Engineering after I get out. My question is: How do I attempt to get a job working for one of the many manufacturers? Do you(Thomas Kenyon) know how I might be able to contact these companies in order to gain employment? I greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. My e-amil is [email protected] Thanks

·
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anyone is interested in speaker brackets and other Supra related audio... email me privately.

I will hook you up the best I can.

Thomas Kenyon

B

·
0 Posts
BTW, I saw a stock TT RSP auto for sale in Austin, but I don't remember where.

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts