Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I fell in love with the MKIV Supra at a very young age.. I was about 5 years old when Crusin' USA started popping up in movie theaters across the Tri-State area, and you couldn't catch me dead in another car as I emptied my parents' pockets of change before (& sometimes after) "Monsters Inc" and other blockbusters of the sort started to play. Sometime after that, one of my dad's old friends brought over a DVD that would change my life forever. It was some random movie about a white dude named Buster with a very efficient international delivery service. I was too young to understand it at the time, but this was the movie that had the same effect on me for Supras as Christina Aguliera's "Genie in a Bottle" did for women. I can see my dad nodding his head in approval from the doorway as I gazed at the screen during these two pivotal moments of my childhood as clearly as if it had just happened. Not sure if he was approving of the fact that he definitely had a straight son or if it was because he had successfully turned me into a car guy, but either one works for me.

Fast forward to April 2016, age 23. During downtime at work, I like to randomly check craigslist and other domestic car vendor sites for MKIVs in the hope that I may find one in my budget. Not only did this happen, but it was 90% accurate to how I wanted to eventually build my MKIV. I immediately dropped Blake (who goes by Syndicate on here) a line, put my bid in, and now that craigslist ad is no more. I am (soon to be) the proud owner of a black 93 targa Soop.

The car was his wife's, and I think that's freakin awesome. I can't even get girls to agree on a place to eat, let alone to build (and race!) the car of my dreams. What a great life this guy must lead lol. Some other features her car boasts are a Neil Chance TH400 w/3800 stall, MS3x ECU, 67mm turbo, and of course mods to support these upgrades.

My immediate plans for the car are to change the horrid orange sidemarkers to those with clear, smoked housings, and also (because everyone knows what happens to nice cars in New Jersey) a top-notch alarm system with a GPS tracker. Once I take delivery of the car next month, I will start a build thread and you'll be able to watch me spiral into debt as I chase my dream. A huge thanks to Blake for a seamless transaction, and also to his wife for being equally responsible for helping this guy have another reason to smile as I go about my day. Yes, I am still talking about the car. Hope to meet some of you guys soon! I am located about 10 minutes limping distance from Raceway Park.

·
SF Sexy Member
355 Posts
Kool Story Bro. Congratulation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
great story! congrats!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Let the downward spiral begin :)

·
The Great Beast 666
464 Posts
great story!

As one member told me when I got my Supra for the first time around your age, treat her well, you now have a car that will bite you back and will not offer any forgiveness

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Good Read and Im happy you got your dream car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the well wishes and sound advice :werd:

Edited my original post to account for the fact that the car has not only one, but two trans coolers already installed.. I've already also got my alarm install lined up. Don't want this to turn into a build thread though. I'll save that for later!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! Looking forward to getting in contact with some of you local guys.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dude! Awesome. We are the same age and have the same passion for FNF! Lol. I can't wait for a Mark 4 someday... happy with my clean Mk3... but I want a 2J!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Once I take delivery of the car next month, I will start a build thread and you'll be able to watch me spiral into debt as I chase my dream.
Heh, this one hits a little close to home for me, but so long as you take care of the responsibilities before the toy, you'll do well. Congrats on achieving the dream!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude! Awesome. We are the same age and have the same passion for FNF! Lol. I can't wait for a Mark 4 someday... happy with my clean Mk3... but I want a 2J!
"2JZ no shit" hahaha, glad im not the only young gun on these boards. Best of luck with your current Sup and in the future with finding the MK4 for you!

Heh, this one hits a little close to home for me, but so long as you take care of the responsibilities before the toy, you'll do well. Congrats on achieving the dream!
Thanks for the sound advice. A roof over my head and food on my plate will definitely have to take priority over new R888s... and a retune... and coilovers... oh goodness here we go lol

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thanks for the sound advice. A roof over my head and food on my plate will definitely have to take priority over new R888s... and a retune... and coilovers... oh goodness here we go lol
Been playing this game a while now myself, so finding that balancing point in your financial situation is helpful. Everybody has their particular needs though, so do what fits your lifestyle.

That said, my best advice, if you're planning to own the car a long time, but have a long term build in mind? Do the things that technology isn't likely to improve upon before you can get to them. If I were doing it again, I'd probably wait on EMS and turbo, possibly fuel system, until later on in the build. Nothing like spending money twice on the same upgrade...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Been playing this game a while now myself, so finding that balancing point in your financial situation is helpful. Everybody has their particular needs though, so do what fits your lifestyle.

That said, my best advice, if you're planning to own the car a long time, but have a long term build in mind? Do the things that technology isn't likely to improve upon before you can get to them. If I were doing it again, I'd probably wait on EMS and turbo, possibly fuel system, until later on in the build. Nothing like spending money twice on the same upgrade...
Another excellent point! Thanks once again. I'm not looking to do too much at the moment besides clean her up inside and out and make sure she drives right. Alpha will be in NY soon - hopefully I can spend some time with him.

Here are some pics from the delivery day. More to come...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts