Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.a1gp.com

When you have too much money, and video games just won't cut it anymore.....you make your own Formula Grand Prix series!

:sadance:

Interesting concept, identical cars with "boost" button for 45-second passing burst, each piloted by different country/driver.

It seems to be taking off.....what does everyone think??

:)

·
Registered
934 Posts
a1 grand prix has been out for couple of years atleast. they did a great review of it on a Top Gear episode awhile back... looks pretty interesting

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty cool for sure. As far as competing with F1, doubtful at best but give it some time. :)

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
They are doing the race season during the off-season of F1, it gives them a little advantage and edge. They do not face head to head completely. Interesting alternative during the off-season. :)

-Olivier

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Its not directly competing against F1. But just adding a "zing" to the Grand Prix (grand prize ) series of racing catagories.

The cars are slower, but to me actually sound better! Much like the old Cosworth DFV's of the late 60's and so on.

I think its a great series, definantly makes some close races with each team having the same formula and budget.

Formula one is almost getting boaring just because the same teams keep winning. Of course there is always going to be someone out in the lead most of the time, but in F1 lately we can all go figure with Renault or Ferrari or Mclaren/Mercedes. Sauber and Honda are left behind and then you have the smaller teams like Red Bull ( which Coultard I believe is on) is not even coming close in the points standings.

The sounds are stupindous still but the racing is all but already chosen as to who will win.

I also applaud the idea of having the worlds countries against each other in a good way. Only if they added a boxing match at the end could it get any better. LOL

I just hope the USA will take ahold of the idea, the past two US GP's (F1) have been pretty boaring. The course layout is not very fair to the public and plus its pretty FLAT. I wish the FIA could hold the USA F1 GP at Watkins Glen again.

-Jonathan

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the idea of countries competing will give people something to associate with, and same engine/cars will distinguish good from not-so-good drivers....520hp + 30hp on-demand for passing....nice concept

Who is zetec that built their engines? Same Ford Zetec, or something else?

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
http://www.zytekgroup.co.uk/

Very well known sports car engine maker in the UK.

They have a facility near Ann Arbor Michigan if I am not mistaken.

-Jonathan

·
Vanilla
1,458 Posts
Have you guys actually watched one of these races on OLN? Terrible.

If you're looking for a substitute open wheel series, GP2 has been amazing this year.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wilks said:
You really like the wire huh?

Whens the new season coming out?
Love it, amazing show! I think 4th season will air in the Fall, they are finishing filming it now. Nobody knows whats going to be the theme....speculation about Greeks coming back, but I doubt it. Probably something with Barksdale in the center, since Stringer got laid out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts