Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to fire up a completely rebuilt 7mgte. The trans is completely dry (installed Transgo kit) other than about a quart i added in the new torque converter and a couple of quarts I added to the trans.

As I start the engine for the first time should I gradually add in fluid as I work through each gear or put in all the fluid initially?

Also, planning to use Mobil 1 ATF. Any concerns with that?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,932 Posts
Dexron II, III and VI (not IV) are approved for the A340e so it depends on what the Mobil 1 bottle says.

Add a few quarts to the pan (sounds like you already have), start the car, DON'T rev it up. The trans pump will suck fluid from the pan into the trans and it will be very low. From there you can add a few more quarts, shift through the gears, keep adding etc. Be careful not to overfill, draining it is annoying.

The only thing to watch for is not starting the trans completely dry, the pump/torque converter will hate you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have about 4 quarts in now and I'll put the rest in during start up. Should be around 8 total with the new trans cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts