Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So earlier today I had a 04-06 GTO pull up next to my wife's 08 Audi A4 2.0T while I was driving since, the supra is down while I'm putting in the turbo. The passenger then preceded to roll down his window and the passenger turned out to be my wife's ex bf from 3yrs ago his friend had just bought this car a few days ago. So we decided to race the two. From 40-100 the gto had a car length on the Audi. By 120 I was closing the gap before we had to slow down due to a curve in the road. Long story short no matter how much I spooled the Audi I couldn't manage more then a car length behind this gto. :(

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
WOW, a 2008 GTO? Must be a limited edition, since Pontiac stopped making them after 2006.

And, you're comparing a car with a 2 liter turbocharged 200 hp engine against an LS2 GTO with 400 hp, both with similar curb weights? What the fuck did you think was going to happen, blow past him like he was standing still?

This story sounds like complete bullshit, but hey, good attempt.

·
Glad To Be Back
1,342 Posts
An A4 2.0T will get anal rapped by the GTO...unless your car has a turbo upgrade.... and a big one at that

BS Flag

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I don't pay attention to year all I know it was a newer bodystyle. And I was also surprised at how fast the Audi was so was the owner of the gto he thought it did good vs his v8. No bs here guys I was about a car length behind him once he pulled on me. I never raced this Audi before this so I figured I'd post it on the forum to see how common it is for audis to be that close to v8s. I was pretty sure he would out run before we started but figured hey might as well give it a go ya know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm, I am thinking the GTO needed Drivers mod. Or it was a slow LS1 auto gto then I wouldn't be too proud that it only got you by a car, they are low 14's stock at best as the LS2 GTO's are good for high 13 sec. passes stock. But at the very least you admit you lost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts