Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far the only aftermarket exhaust system I can find for the A90 Supra comes from HKS. Does anyone know what else will release in the coming weeks/months?

While HKS has been very public, GReddy, Tomei, Apexi, Blitz, TRD, Borla and many others I'm following have been completely silent. I know HKS received an A90 early on but at this point I expected something, even just a teaser, from other brands based in Japan. At this point it can't be much longer with Supra deliveries around the corner.

Till that happens, a product development schedule from HKS (as of May 2019) posted below shows what's next with product info on the finished dual exhaust setup.

Stock A90 Supra Exhaust Sound Clip

HKS Dual Exhaust w/Titanium Tips

·
Supras are money pits
493 Posts
I take it the Mk4 guys don't like the new A90? First post on SF since maybe 2014.

·
iSPOOL
961 Posts
I take it the Mk4 guys don't like the new A90? First post on SF since maybe 2014.
From my experience it's much broader than just the MK4 owners.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anyone serious about getting a well put together exhaust system might want to consider Manhart, for Shmee's reasons:

The Manhart MHZ4 440 takes the sister car to my Supra, the new BMW Z4 M40i, and dials it up big time! With 440hp and one of the craziest exhaust sounds, it's an absolute blast to drive on the Autobahns and countryside. Do you think my Supra should get an exhaust like this?!

BMW and Toyota engineered the new Z4 and GR Supra together meaning the Z4 M40i shares many of the components; for example variations of the B58 3.0l turbo inline-6 engine and much of the exhaust system. Manhart have then taken the Z4 M40i and given it a visual overhaul, fitted their Concave One wheels, new lowering springs, the MHtronik power unit, and above all else: the most unreal export exhaust.

Let's get the car fired up inside the Manhart showroom before pulling it outside for a test drive on some local roads as well as putting down the power on the Autobahns to see what it's like and get a taster for what it could be like tuning my Supra.

The long awaited Manhart Emulator Control Module is here and I saw it in this video. The answer to a growing demand of clients who are looking for a suitable and easy solution that deals with the removal of OPF/GPF-filters, catalytic converters, automatic start/stop, Automatic Sound Design (ASD / fake exhaust sound in the cabin), and/or valve control via the buttons on the multi-functional steering of their BMW vehicle, which is part of the Fxx or Gxx model series.

The ECM was also developed to answer the questions from many clients on how to deal with the newly released OPF/GPF-filters in case an exhaust system is being replaced. Customers that opt for an aftermarket exhaust system on their vehicle might run into issues with engine warning messages and limp mode sequences, which could only be dealt with via an ECU/DME mapping, remap or tune. For people who want to replace their exhaust with a new aftermarket cat-back system or a non-homologated slip-on/axle back system and don’t want to ECU/DME tune their car due to warranty concerns, the ECM is the solution since it will deal with any OPF/GPF errors accordingly.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Funny how the op is the op of many other bmw threads and yet he never comments again after making them. He hasn’t been on in a while. Toyota must have reassigned him.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anyone serious about getting a well put together exhaust system might want to consider Manhart, for Shmee's reasons:

The Manhart MHZ4 440 takes the sister car to my Supra, the new BMW Z4 M40i, and dials it up big time! With 440hp and one of the craziest exhaust sounds, it's an absolute blast to drive on the Autobahns and countryside. Do you think my Supra should get an exhaust like this?!

BMW and Toyota engineered the new Z4 and GR Supra together meaning the Z4 M40i shares many of the components; for example variations of the B58 3.0l turbo inline-6 engine and much of the exhaust system. Manhart have then taken the Z4 M40i and given it a visual overhaul, fitted their Concave One wheels, new lowering springs, the MHtronik power unit, and above all else: the most unreal export exhaust.

Let's get the car fired up inside the Manhart showroom before pulling it outside for a test drive on some local roads as well as putting down the power on the Autobahns to see what it's like and get a taster for what it could be like tuning my Supra.

The long awaited Manhart Emulator Control Module is here and I saw it in this video. The answer to a growing demand of clients who are looking for a suitable and easy solution that deals with the removal of OPF/GPF-filters, catalytic converters, automatic start/stop, Automatic Sound Design (ASD / fake exhaust sound in the cabin), and/or valve control via the buttons on the multi-functional steering of their BMW vehicle, which is part of the Fxx or Gxx model series.

The ECM was also developed to answer the questions from many clients on how to deal with the newly released OPF/GPF-filters in case an exhaust system is being replaced. Customers that opt for an aftermarket exhaust system on their vehicle might run into issues with engine warning messages and limp mode sequences, which could only be dealt with via an ECU/DME mapping, remap or tune. For people who want to replace their exhaust with a new aftermarket cat-back system or a non-homologated slip-on/axle back system and don’t want to ECU/DME tune their car due to warranty concerns, the ECM is the solution since it will deal with any OPF/GPF errors accordingly.
Here's another video from Shmee but this time he's with Vehicle Virgins and their Supra that has an AFE downpipe installed.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had no clue the UK Launch editions were 1 in 24. The aftermarket exhausts sound okay but the extra pops seem so annoying after a while -_-

The garage though with the Ford GT and McLaren Senna 🔥🔥🔥

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Those pops are just from sport mode tuning. You can make a Camry do that if tuned for it

·
Registered
422 Posts
Those pops are just from sport mode tuning. You can make a Camry do that if tuned for it

I hate them though. Obviously that's just me but another thing that just bothers me about the car. It makes me cringe and think about an eco mode button that could silence it lol. Even normal mode it does it on paddle downshifts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I hear you man. Every time I get keys to one to pdi or perform a recall on I’m like ugh gross

1 - 20 of 22 Posts