Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow 1jz and 2jz sports fans... i am abandoning the 2jz project in favor of having a working car... the 2jz just got waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy tooo expensive... so peace out yall... back to the 7m side for me

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
what made the 2jz swap so expensive??????????

·
Registered
861 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:
It got more expensive for me to maintain the 7M and upgrade it than it did to just do a 1jz.

Trev
:werd:
That's where I'm at...yet I'm still being stubborn and saving for the 2jz that I probably won't get instead of just going 1j.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sorry to hear you're givin up on the mighty 2jz...everytime i hear that it demotivates me and my own 2j cause.(probably for my own good :bigthumb: )

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
well im actually thinking of putting a 2jz in my car and i dont think it will be that expensive. the reason i say that is because im pretty sure i can use the 1j wiring and electronics on the jdm 2j. we'll see though

·
Where does it end?
796 Posts
I'm thinking about abandoning 2jz project also

I have a very clean 89 turbo supra and a 94 us spec 2jzgte with complete harness and 6spd computer. I have everything to do the swap but my gauges and a boost controller. Other than that, I guess I need to spend only 1500 more dollars to get it put in, but I don't think I want to do it anymore because I know it's not going to end there. I'm going to want a big single the(3800) then fuel system(1900) and then whatever else comes up. I even have a Precision intercooler that is good for 700hp new. I'm so close but so far from finishing.
I thought once I got the motor which was the biggest money purchase that the rest would be nothing. RIGHT. anyways that's where I'm at.

Mark

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 7m was just cheaper power... I just picked up one of reg reimers old 7m long blocks that was just rebuilt... port and polished head... hks stopper gasket... forged je pistons... sooo... it just got expensive bc i use an automatic... and the amount of boost that I wanted to put through it was too much... so there was another 3.4k for a built tranny... i kno i kno... excuses excuses... but then you add in the AEM unit ... the wiring harness... the blah blah blah... i still had about 8k to go to make it run correctly... guys it doesnt mean that im never coming back to the 2jz though... i plan on coming down this road again in a couple of years with another supra preferably a 91-92 and not with an 87... i just need this car to run right now... the parents are complaining about getting the car out of the garage and I can have the supra up and running in 2 weeks with the 7m... and frankly... im suffering from supra withdrawls... its been too long without driving her... i think 2 years up on blocks is enough wouldnt you agree???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts