Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not familiar with the tt auto trans. ive got an auto sc300 is this the same trans? and you do require a core exchange correct?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright ive got a few cores but what type of price are we talking about and could you give me an estimate on how much horse power it will hold?

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
Kean easy question for you.. If I do na-t and get the auto tranny built- with a 61trim turbo do you think a stall would be necessary?

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Chris,
We reccomend the stall with every built transmission. The transmission line pressure is setup for a looser torque converter and without the TC shifts will be muich more abrupt.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i will be making much more than 550 at the wheels so ill need a transmission that can handle it if i switched to a tt tranny what would be required? will i need a new drive shaft?

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
JaxSc3 said:
well i will be making much more than 550 at the wheels so ill need a transmission that can handle it if i switched to a tt tranny what would be required? will i need a new drive shaft?
It would be better to have your na tranny built, I'm not sure if the ECU will compensate for the change.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im running aem ems so i dont know that the ecu will be a problem. my goal is around 800 hp w/o the juice but ill need a transmission soon and i need something reliable

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
JaxSc3 said:
im running aem ems so i dont know that the ecu will be a problem. my goal is around 800 hp w/o the juice but ill need a transmission soon and i need something reliable
A built toyota tranny would be a mis-match for a set-up with those types of power goals. A BL400 or similar is likely a better choice for reliability. Eventhough the initial cost will be substantially higher, going through built toyota trannys and the associated downtime will quickly become more costly over time IMO.

Brad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts