Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm about to go get inspected for the 4th time, i readjusted my timing, but the question is, is it better to be slightly above 10 or below 10? (i'm talkin better for emissions, not performance)

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
It's better to pay the $100-150 to get a guy to pass you the first time instead of going back 4 times

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Most test only centers will retest for free if you fail ... but thats in cali, dunno bout outside tho.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
shit u guys are lucky to get free retest. here its 27 bux every time no matter what. if ur car is newer then 95? i think.. then its 45 first time and 27 every time after... my supra failed.. but not by much which is surprising since i dont have any cats, or charcol canister... annd timing is at 14degrees. oh well.

·
Professional White Man
2,673 Posts
SupraMkiii24 said:
Around here, they retest 1 time then you get charged the $XX yet agian.
and that is why emissions testing is such bullshit. I hate it and almost ripped someones head off last summer when I had to get passed. I must of went back 30 times (luckily I got retested for free). I tried everything and could never even get close, so finally went to an exhaust shop and paid them $300 for a new cat so I could get a waiver... and then just my luck, they pass a new emissions law where cars older than 94 (i think) dont have to get tested :rant:

·
Registered
26 Posts
in memphis its always free. all you have to do to pass is pull a small vac line on the im or t. it will lean it out enough to pass. just dont drive it around town that way, just stop down the street and pull it before you get tested.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
hoser813 said:
and that is why emissions testing is such bullshit.
This is why emission testing is bullshit...

My daily drivers readings:

Limit 150 Reading 0
Limit 66 Reading 0
Limit 5 Reading 0.01

I dont remember which was what, but those were the readings. $45.99+ tax for that bullshit. :rolleyes:

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
hoser813 said:
and then just my luck, they pass a new emissions law where cars older than 94 (i think) dont have to get tested :rant:
You lucky fuckers, fuckin cali and killing the rolling 25.
Lucky for you other guys they don't check the timing on your cars.

·
Registered
311 Posts
djmesican said:
What are emissions? ;)
baaahah people can diss Kansas all they want. It is boring, but we don't have JACK for emissions!

Omar when are you coming in to Wichita next?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts