Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock rear swaybar has two bushing that seem to stop the swaybar from sliding from side to side. The TRD doesn't have this and you cannot reuse the stock ones on the TRD swaybar. Is this a problem and if so what should I do to correct it?

Thanks in advance, Steve

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
The stock rear swaybar has two bushing that seem to stop the swaybar from sliding from side to side. The TRD doesn't have this and you cannot reuse the stock ones on the TRD swaybar. Is this a problem and if so what should I do to correct it?

Thanks in advance, Steve
Steve,

I didn't know the stock swaybar's bushings were designed to keep the bar from sliding side to side?

The TRD bar is supposed to come with two replacement bushings (to accomodate the slightly larger diameter), but AFAIK they were the same design as the stock ones. Am I wrong?

FYI here's a pic of my "bigass" rear swaybar.. I've not had any issues with it hitting the shocks (at least as far as I know..)

Andi

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mine bar came with the larger bushing. My question is on the stock bar, there were two rubber spacers clamped on the bar on the inside of the bushings. I was just curious why the TRD bar didn't come with any and if they aren't useful, why did Toyota install them?

Thanks, Steve

PS You can see what I'm talking about in this picture to the right of the standard bushing.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
Mine bar came with the larger bushing. My question is on the stock bar, there were two rubber spacers clamped on the bar on the inside of the bushings. I was just curious why the TRD bar didn't come with any and if they aren't useful, why did Toyota install them?

Thanks, Steve
Oh yeah I forgot about those. Heh. I don't know.... but in practice I don't think they're really necessary.

Andi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts