Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Car guy
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone deleted the ABS? I'm in the middle of painting the engine bay so I'd like to delete it. Any reason to leave it in?

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
The Supra has a very advanced 4-channel ABS system. Why would you want to delete it... ?

Oh -- and I think Raretoy may have some information for you. IIRC he had a thread on it a long time ago.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Leave it in there. Don't eliminate an important feature just for looks.

If you're worried about appearance, get the SP polished shield:

Ken

·
Registered
125 Posts
I deleted mine last year and have had no problems with it. You will have alot of people on here tell you to keep it in, but if you decide to remove it it's not very hard to do. You can either use hard line and a flare kit to make yur new lines or use steel braided line like I did. If u want any info on the parts I used and how i did it I can try to did up the thread

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
I deleted mine last year and have had no problems with it. You will have alot of people on here tell you to keep it in, but if you decide to remove it it's not very hard to do. You can either use hard line and a flare kit to make yur new lines or use steel braided line like I did. If u want any info on the parts I used and how i did it I can try to did up the thread
I do.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I deleted mine with hardlines, hid them (ran above the front rear crossmember) and ran the line lock to the drivers side behind the fender liner (also used the trac button to activate it :) ). It is easy really you just need a tubing bender, double flare tool, two T's and a union. About 15' of line will cover it nicely (with room for error) and you can use your old fittings from the oem lines you take off if you want.

Pedal feel after it's removed is firm but very easy to modulate.

A plus is to get the 97-98 brake res for the ultimate clean look (don't forget the bolt that mounts it is different too).

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
Can you snap a pic of your engine bay? Thank's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts