Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my friend and I removed the trac pump via the guide on mkiv.com a few months ago. We removed the pump itself as well as the trac ecu. However i never placed the resistors in and the abs light stayed on. Well i finally got around to doing it, and the abs light is still on as well as the main caution symbol /!\ , any idea what it could be?

for those that removed the trac pump did you have the abs light pop up as well?

Thanks in advance

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im using 10k ohm 2% 1/2 watt resistors is that correct?

·
Boost Junkie
12,635 Posts
Make sure you install them correctly.

Steve K.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Correct, resistors don't have a polarity. I've never done the mod, but if the plug you need to jump has more then two wires going to it, it's possible the wrong pair has been jumped out.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct, resistors don't have a polarity. I've never done the mod, but if the plug you need to jump has more then two wires going to it, it's possible the wrong pair has been jumped out.
i'm sorry , can you clarify?

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

so i just put back the trac pump relays back in and the abs light went away
but the "trac off" light came on and the main trac light /!\ is still on . any ideas?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Update:

so i just put back the trac pump relays back in and the abs light went away
but the "trac off" light came on and the main trac light /!\ is still on . any ideas?
I removed the trac system, trac ecu and "Trac off" light. I then placed the two resistors in the correct spot to keep my ABS working. I have
no /!\ light and my ABS works perfect.

The only difference between you and I is that I have removed the Trac off light in the dash. Maybe try that? Just curious why were you removing the trac pump relays? I didn't see that in the DIY write-up.

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
i'm sorry , can you clarify?
Sorry. I didn't realize that mkiv.com had a picture of the plug and the resistors. Having never done the mod before, I was taking a guess that only one resistor was being used, and thought that perhaps you jumped out the wrong set of wires. Seeing the photo now, it looks pretty straight forward, but I would double check to make sure you have the resistors in correctly so they are jumping the correct set of wires.

Running top terminal to bottom, and not side to side, in relation to plug. Or if not that, then check to be sure the leads of the resistors are making good contact on the terminals. They could be loose. To tighten things up, you could try folding the resistor leads over themselves to double the thickness for a tighter fit. Or perhaps put a bit of solder on the lead itself (not while it is plugged in), and then try slipping into the plug terminals.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry. I didn't realize that mkiv.com had a picture of the plug and the resistors. Having never done the mod before, I was taking a guess that only one resistor was being used, and thought that perhaps you jumped out the wrong set of wires. Seeing the photo now, it looks pretty straight forward, but I would double check to make sure you have the resistors in correctly so they are jumping the correct set of wires.

Running top terminal to bottom, and not side to side, in relation to plug. Or if not that, then check to be sure the leads of the resistors are making good contact on the terminals. They could be loose. To tighten things up, you could try folding the resistor leads over themselves to double the thickness for a tighter fit. Or perhaps put a bit of solder on the lead itself (not while it is plugged in), and then try slipping into the plug terminals.
gotcha,

the only light i am really concered about is the trac light ( /!\ )
i'll try playing w/ the resistors again

thanks guys any more ideas keep em coming

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
Did you ever resolve this? Curious what it may have been.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
dude, I have the exact same thing happening to me.
I did the removal, put in the resistors and I still have the trac off, abs light and the !.
I also dont have a clue.
Someone told me that maybe it is the resistors them selves coming from radioshack.
IDK

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
So using the multimeter, am I just setting it to ohms? and what should the reading be?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sorry to bring up mhat old post.

But I´m having exactly the same problem.
No resistors installed yet, but will do this weekend.

What happened to the guys that had them installed and still got the ABS light??
Did you fix it?
How?

I would love to have a working ABS again.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Sorry to bring up mhat old post.

But I´m having exactly the same problem.
No resistors installed yet, but will do this weekend.

What happened to the guys that had them installed and still got the ABS light??
Did you fix it?
How?

I would love to have a working ABS again.
Why are you posting if you haven't installed the resistors yet? Put the resistors in and that will solve you problem.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my issue was i took out the fuses. As soon as i put them back in it was working dandy. Make sure to put the resistors in too

·
Registered
577 Posts
Why are you posting if you haven't installed the resistors yet? Put the resistors in and that will solve you problem.
Because that allone didn´t work for all of the guys posting here ;)
And I wanted to know what to try next, just in case installing the resistors allone would not work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts