Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
It could be. My traction stopped working a while ago due to the fact that the traction ecu went bad and some other stuff so it was throwing codes. The dealership reset some stuff and fixed the abs and said i needed a new trac ecu.

More than likely you've popped a fuse(i think there are two) or one of your sensors are bad. I would check your fuses in the engine bay.

To answer your question, abs does still work with trac disabled. Lots of guys have gotten rid of there trac and still love good o abs.

·
Will work for Supra parts
625 Posts
Along the same lines, I noticed my ABS light was lit up today too, along with the Trac light. I now know that I don't even have the traction control pump and valves installed in my Supra anymore, but it looks like I might have a problem then with my ABS?

Also, does the master warning light in the tach come on when the ABS or Traction control is off or sensing a malfunction?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Why not pull the codes and start using the troubleshooting procedures in the Toyota Service and Repair manual?

Have you searched?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Anyone know how to bleed the ABS pump when you no longer have the TRAC pump? :(

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
quick said:
Don't worry about it. Just bleed the brakes and drive. :bigthumb:
:lol: I have bled it motor off, motor on, and tried everything I can think of - it is ALWAYS spongy. Any other Supra I get in has a firm pedal - not mine. I'm 100% sure it started when I pulled my TRAC Pump :( I know some cars have to have special things done to open up the various parts of their ABS pump to bleed properly (Corvette for instance) but I don't know that this holds true for the Supra. Looking at the factory manual it says to jumper some wires - which then use the TRAC Pump to bleed the system - argh! :rolleyes:

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Have you replaced your brake master cylinder? Rebuilt your calipers?

Have you checked your bleeding procedure to ensure that you're doing it correctly?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
quick said:
Have you replaced your brake master cylinder? Rebuilt your calipers?

Have you checked your bleeding procedure to ensure that you're doing it correctly?
I know how to bleed brakes and have bled these various different ways - about 3 times now. My next step will be one of those vac bleeders but I'm pretty sure there's air in the ABS pump thaqt's trapped. As for replacing calipers or the master - nope. This began the DAY I pulled my TRAC Pump. Worked fine prior to pulling it, soft pedal afterwards - I installed a Line Lock too. Pumped the fluid clear starting at the passenger back, driver's back, passenger front, driver's front. There's got to be a way to get the danged passages open in the ABS but damned if I know how. On the Corvette or maybe F-body you have to drive over a certain speed, stop without using the pedal, and then bleed them without turning off the ignition or using the pedal :dunno: Not sure if our car is funky like that - maybe jumpering the thing for the Trac Pump will do what I need despite it's not being there?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Hrm. In that case I don't know what to tell you, man. :( Wish I could be of more help. Perhaps the answer is to determine what the TRAC pump actually did and then attempt to replicate it... ?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i did the diagnostic test...
first it was the egr system (code 71)
fixed that..
now when im trying to read the next code to fix the next problem
all the engine check light does is flash repeatly
what does this mean guys?!?!?!
can't figure out the problem at all.. thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts