Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy with a 240sx herd me talking about how I wished I had a sunroof Supra instead of the targa. And he suggested that I install one in my targa. WTF?

He was serious too, he even said to do one like this. Exactly like the stock sunroof in his 240.

I had to share this. I fkn LuL'd

·
Wheel slip
265 Posts
So my buddy with a 240sx herd me talking about how I wished I had a sunroof Supra instead of the targa. And he suggested that I install one in my targa. WTF?

He was serious too, he even said to do one like this. Exactly like the stock sunroof in his 240.

I had to share this. I fkn LuL'd
Here ya go. LMAO

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lmfao you might as well weld the targa shut while your at it!!!! but why do you hate the targa?
Its a love/hate thing.

I hate how much of a hassle it is to remove and install it. I hate the leaks. Hate how the car handles.

But I love it when I have the roof off on a nice sunny day.

At least with a sunroof, its less of a mission to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have actually thought about doing this. Quick easy vent if you dont wanna take the roof off, or if ya just want some sun to shine in and no wind. I wanted a snap on cover on the inside, slide style wouldnt work. I think it would be a versatile combo. What would be so wrong with it? And you mispelled 2 words in your thread title Mr. Grammar Gestapo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ive actually seen one like that at the junkyard, a sunroof cut into the targa.
it was actually a clean install but when i first saw it i was like OMG WTF USELESS.
i prefer hardtop =) weighs less and no chassis flex

·
Registered
24 Posts
i dont think it would be that bad of a conversion as long as it was in the targa to where you could completely remove the targa or just flip up the sunroof depending on the situation

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
I thought about it at one point, but then worried that if I cut a hole in it, I might get chassis flex with the top on, and that would suck major balls. Oh well, I've got a hardtop now, so no worries.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm torn on this topic it's a good idea and a bad idea mostly a bad idea though. I'll stick with my hardtop

Hardtop FTW

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought about it at one point, but then worried that if I cut a hole in it, I might get chassis flex with the top on, and that would suck major balls. Oh well, I've got a hardtop now, so no worries.
There's just sheet-metal in the middle of the targa. The bars that actually carry something, are on the sides.

I've been thinking of cutting the whole things out and doing a moonroof :naughty:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ive actually seen this as well, A crazy canadian at E-town Had it like 7 years ago, It actually looked really good, and i can definatly see the benefits,
im a hardcore hardtop guy, i hate the way these cars handle when the targa is off.
i think it was the first year of the e-town meet..

There was almost no one there and my supra blew up on the way, so i bought a shitty volvo and made it!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here ya go. LMAO
[/QUOTE]

LMAO

I don't think it's that bad of an idea, honestly.

I have a sunroof in my truck, and use it almost every day.

Just crack it open, and you have some nice vent. :dunno:
I agree to, I think its a great Idea, Shit I had a targa I would do it today. To me its having the best of both worlds.

·
4,930 Posts
I have a sunroof in my '87 (which wasn't an option until '89 I guess...so this is aftermarket?) Every once in a while the electronics bug out and it'll keep opening closing, or won't shut all the way or something stupid.

Nice to have though :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts