Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like my aux/ac on the radiator doesn't want to come on. How do I test and how do I fix? Im assuming there's either a fuse or relay. I tried turning on the AC, no spining.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,392 Posts
The little one on the back...attached to the fan shroud? That's the "aux fan". It doesn't automatically turn on with the A/C. Or are you talking about the larger condenser fan, attached to the front of the radiator?

To test the "aux fan", with the key in the ON position, unplug the radiator temperature switch, located at the bottom rear of the radiator next to the drain plug. If the aux fan comes on, then the fan is good. It's wired to come on only when the radiator temperature is very high (can't remember the exact number).

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The little one on the back...attached to the fan shroud? That's the "aux fan". It doesn't automatically turn on with the A/C. Or are you talking about the larger condenser fan, attached to the front of the radiator?

To test the "aux fan", with the key in the ON position, unplug the radiator temperature switch, located at the bottom rear of the radiator next to the drain plug. If the aux fan comes on, then the fan is good. It's wired to come on only when the radiator temperature is very high (can't remember the exact number).
Perfect, Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow with the small aux fan. I don't have a push fan, at least there wasn't one when I bough the car. 94 TT 6-Spd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts