Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
rotary and supra lover
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my problem is the blower only works on"HI" , low and mid speed doesn't work.
is it somethings wrong with the relay or the controller itself?

·
Registered
400 Posts
yes, its almost always the relay.They are cheap from the dealer or if you are good with a soildering iron you can fix it yourself.

·
rotary and supra lover
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ,
can anyone tell me where is the relay located

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
The part is located in the HVAC unit, under the lower passenger kick panel. (You do not have to remove the glove box to get at this.)

There are two screws holding the part, and you have to un-clip it from the plug.

Inside you will find 3 coils of wire of various sizes. The blower moves air across these, and they fail over time. (The wire heats up, and the air blowing over them cools the wire.)

I fixed mine years ago with new wire, and then a coat or two of high temp paint over that to insulate them somewhat.

If you know how to solder, you just need two or three wires of different gauges, and a pencil or pen.

Wrap the wire around the pen leaving pig tails on each end. (Just like the stock ones were.) Then clean the wires and remove the old coil. It's easy to snip the wire, but leave a good 1/2" or so sticking out so you have something to solder to.

Now solder in your new "coils" of bare copper wire and your ready to paint. I just coated mine a few times with high temp black paint to insulate it from shorting out if anything should come between the contacts.

Carefully re-install and try your fan switches. Enjoy the low setting again. :) (BTW, if you just the same size/gauge wire on all three, the fan pretty much goes the same speed all the time... So get some smaller wire for "Low" medium sized for "Med" and larger for "High" and your fan will work awesome.

Or you could just buy a new one from Toyota.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts