Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just double checking the ac fuse is on the "CIG" circuit? i pulled out most of the fuses under the steering wheel, it's such a tight space that i couldn't pull them all out but i'm certain that it's not the fuse.

just bought the car, the old owner says it was working a couple days prior to me inspecting it and that im free to come around and we can work on it together but i'm expecting it to be the ac amp even though i don't know what it is. since it seems to me that the aircon is all electric and none of the buttons are working that the ac amp is pooped or the wiring has failed. can somebody just confirm this for me.

also, since i reckon it's the ac amp. how do i pull the dash off? i also have a dodgy engine temp gauge (never moves up) so if i have to pull of the dash i might as well since i actually need aircon where i live and theres more then one thing to fix behind the dash.

I've bought a ac amp off ebay for $50 since i reckon that's what it is. i'll update this post if it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have a vague recollection that the fuse inside the cig lighter is at play. Its one of those weird fuses... search is your friend

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
search is your friend
I'm struggling to find anything relevant

So are you confirming that the ac lights are on the same fuse circuit as the cig lighter? cause i even tried out the cig lighter and it works.

also, i just looked through the repair manual and i can't find any mention of the lights in the ac section. they only mention removal of the amp, they don't mention that it's capable of diagnostics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts