Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can the US pre 89 climate control buttons run the 1j AC or should i use the JDM climate control and stuffs? how tough is the AC install?

~scott

· Registered
297 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
can the US pre 89 climate control buttons run the 1j AC or should i use the JDM climate control and stuffs? how tough is the AC install?

~scott
Yes they can. AC install is somewhat of a frankenstein operation. Two ways to do it, one is to use the 7M head and 7M hoses on the 1JZ compressor. Do a search, I had posted what it takes to do this method a while ago. Second method, use the 1JZ compressor and head and have the hoses mated to the 1JZ connector. If I were to do it over, that is the way I would do it.

As far as wiring, you only need to wire up the AC clutch relay. Pretty straight forward. The clutch is the only wire on the 1JZ compressor you need to worry about. There are a few others (speed sensor) and the 7M does not use them. So, wire your clutch relay to the clutch on the compressor

Good luck,
Marty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.