Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got it on! Didn't have to cut the pipe though, so it's a pretty tight fit. I plan to make a box around it like those cold-air boxes. Here's some pics:

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an OBX adapter. I was pretty disappointed when I first got it, cuz it looked like someone made it in their garage! A little sanding fixed that though.

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hose in the back feeds warm air from the engine back into the intake :rolleyes: .. for emissions. Some people leave it out and attach a breather on the engine, so it vents into the open air.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
What year accord v6 pipe do i get? i have 93.5 na supra :p

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the adapter locally. Just go to your local "rice" shop that carries OBX, and they should be able to order it for you. It costs ~$30. Hope this helps..

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
looks good...what do you think performance wise?

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had the cone filter on for a while, but put the pipe on just recently. I couldn't really notice much difference, maybe a little more on the top end. Probably the recent addition of rims cancelled everything out :p. Sound is about the same... maybe a little louder in the upper RPMs. It was less than what I had expected though. :(

Hopefully I'll be able to feel a difference when I put a box around it! :)

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
mkivsoopra said:
I've had the cone filter on for a while, but put the pipe on just recently. I couldn't really notice much difference, maybe a little more on the top end. Probably the recent addition of rims cancelled everything out :p. Sound is about the same... maybe a little louder in the upper RPMs. It was less than what I had expected though. :(

Hopefully I'll be able to feel a difference when I put a box around it! :)
be sure to keep us posted on this. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Does it come with the red silicon hoses and clamps or did you buy them separately? What is the diameter of the pipe?

For those who put the breather instead of connecting the back hose to the engine, did you get any warning light? Any significant improvement with the breather installed?

Thanx

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanx for the info.

Isn't the factory pipe a little bigger than the accord 3 " pipe? I measured the outer diameter (OD) of the factory pipe and it's approx. 3.5 ". If that's the case, the accord pipe will restrict airflow instead of enhancing it. Nevertheless, it does look really nice and I've always wanted to get one, but I dont want to compromise any performance for looks. Afterall, what's good if it's all show and no go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts