Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone owned/driven all 3? or 2 of them? Pros? cons? which would you buy?

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
I drove the Accord and the camry (wasnt interested in the maxima as in here they overprice them to the limit like if its an infinity or something). I drove the V6 accord, the hybrid accord, and same for the camry, v6 and hybrid. first thing I noticed right away, the accord hybrid is faster than the other 3 I drove, both of the camry were very quiet inside as if it was a lexus (not exactly but close). the accord was a bit more comfortable for me (the fully powred seats are nice and comfy, almost as comfy as the MKIII, ok maybe a little better). all of them by no menas are sports or even sporty cars, they are family cars, all are very reliable, keep their value extremly well,...etc
if I had to choose between what I drove I would have to go with the Hybrid Camry, road noise is a big factor for me in a daily driver and the camry as I said comes very close to the quieteness of Lexus, the sticker says teh camry gets 40 mpg which is not bad, you can get the hybrid for about 23k if you are a good negotiator.
both the accord and the camry are excellent cars, so go and judge for your self I always liked toyota and wasnt a big fan of Honda so maybe I am a little biased, so in short, go and test drive both cars, see what trims are you interested in and drive all of them. dont bother with teh 4 cyl unless thats your price range, the 4 cyl is alot noisier than the v6 or the hybrid so if noise is not a big deal for you then drive them as well.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i can push it, i would look at the V6 versions. Both the accord at the camry run the 1/4 in mid/low 14s @99 which IMO for a "grocery gettter" family sedan seems pretty impressive.

·
Registered
278 Posts
White_lightning said:
If i can push it, i would look at the V6 versions. Both the accord at the camry run the 1/4 in mid/low 14s @99 which IMO for a "grocery gettter" family sedan seems pretty impressive.

Not to mention faster than 50% of the MKIII's on here. It's sad, but true.

·
Registered
834 Posts
White_lightning said:
I think the Accord is atleast 1/2 second behind the Camry V-6, which in my book is a spanking. The Camry is a new generation then the Accord. It offers more gizmos than the Accord. To me the Accord is looking a little old.

Sam

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Another one you might want to check out is the Mazda 6...same class and they've got the zoom zoom lol

·
1,057 Posts
my parents just got a new Camry V6 XLE and they love it, Ive only driven it once and its a real nice car. (they also were stuck between the Camry and Accord as my mom had an accord before and my dad a camry)

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
I'd wait for 08 and get the Camry. It's got a few recalls right now. Give it a year to work the bugs out and you'll, most likely, get a more solid car.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
On the newstands I believe Consumer Reports tested Accord and Camry. CR generally is a Toyota nut-hugger, putting the Camry ahead of the Accord for eons. But the last gen. Accord seemed like a tie against the Camry. And this time around with the latest tests I think there's an unprecedented lead of BOTH 4-cyl./V6 Accords ahead of the all-new Camry.

So Toyota nut-hugging CR putting a mid-cycle (both 4 and 6-cyl.) Accord ahead of the all-new Camry is significant. And you know on the other end of the spectrum Car and Driver will place the Accord in these battles.

At the end of the day, these small differences don't matter. Test drive them. See what deal you can swing. Consider 1st year woes (yes, they afflict Toyotas too). Do a bit of soul searching and make a choice.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i caint wait till 08. my daily driver took a dump on me and i need a car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Accord V6 + Acura TL 20mm rear sway (50 bucks in parts!) + 6 speed = pretty fun DD :)

It really comes down to comfort vs "sporty" comfort. The Camry is softer, though faster in a straight, and the Accord is slightly harder and a little slower in a straight. The accord being available with the v6 and a 6speed though, makes it my personal choice. Just drive both back to back for extended drives and see what you like more?

How much do you want to spend on your car? There are other worthy cars in the range that you can look at.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd take the camry. My grandma just got a 4cyl 07. Its really nice, quiet, handles good enough, the hondas getting old to me. 4cyl or v6, I say camry. Haha and no they are not faster then most mk3s, at least on the highway they arn't.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
BPUKiller said:
I think the Accord is atleast 1/2 second behind the Camry V-6, which in my book is a spanking. The Camry is a new generation then the Accord. It offers more gizmos than the Accord. To me the Accord is looking a little old.

Sam
Agreed.....that would seal the deal for me. The new SE V6 Camry's look pretty cool IMO.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Accord, hands down.

Jonathan

·
Adonis
511 Posts
Camry V6

it's way quieter. The Accord has too much wind and tire noise
it's much more stable at speed.
its JBL audio is in another class
it drives smooth, w/minimal body roll
visibility is better
interior is more egronomic

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think i have narrowed it down to the Maxima.. anyone own one?

·
Actual member since 2001.
2,606 Posts
I own a 05 Maxima SE, wifes car. This car has some ball's and torque. When I punch it from a dead stop or a slow speed, it'll pull hard to the left or to the right (torque steer :sadance: ). My only complaints are the crazy torque steer at low speeds, very rough suspension and uncomforable front seats on long trips otherwise its a very spacious, quick and sporty looking. i love the 18 inch stock wheels, unitl I get a flat and have to replace them $$$...

·
Registered
68 Posts
No 6 speed manual on 2007 max only cvt. you will have to learn to feather the throttle becasue it is very sensitive. My 04 se has cool features like power folding mirrors and steering wheel column but the interior is cheap shit. They fixed that in 07 but u have to check that for yourelf. recalls include power driver seat, rear sub frame assembly. My vq makes a harsh ticking but dealer keep insisting that is normal. The car is a boat and goes around corners like one. The rotors and pads need replacing at only 30k miles. and rims bend easy or maybe it is these nyc roads. Am I happy with my purchase? nope. would i but another? nope, would i recomend it to someone? Only if i hate that person. I would check out the avalon touring. much better car than the camry or max or accord. Only downside is that 06 avalon has 5 speed auto but 07 camry has a 6 speed auto.

·
Vanilla
1,458 Posts
I'd get the Accord V6 6-speed 4-door. Talk about a highway bomber in old lady clothing.

I keep flirting with going under the radar and getting one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts