1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Slow at work at the moment. Good time to read. Came across this and was just
curious on your opinions. Thanks.

Positive:
-Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage.

-15-35% increase in fuel economy (interesting).

Negative:
-If one spills in one the plastic skirt of their car it will craze or crack it.
(It is the key ingredient in paint remover.)

-Acetone will chew up your elastomers on prolonged contact:
seals, gaskets, rubber hoses, etc

Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

Readily-available chemical added to gas tank in small proportion improves the fuel's ability to vaporize completely by reducing the surface tension that inhibits vaporization of some fuel droplets.

by Louis LaPointe
Adapted by Sterling D. Allan and Mary-Sue Haliburton
with LaPointe's permission for Pure Energy Systems News

Acetone (CH3COCH3) is a product that can be purchased inexpensively in most locations around the world, such as in the common hardware, auto parts, or drug store. Added to the fuel tank in tiny amounts, acetone aids in the vaporization of the gasoline or diesel, increasing fuel efficiency, engine longevity, and performance -- as well as reducing hydrocarbon emissions.
Keep reading

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
Wouldn't do it....... There's no telling what your engine will experience in the long run. I would much rather stay with the evil that I know. IMO

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
haaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy sean

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
yse toluene or xelene... toluene is 114 octain... worksgreat
As I mentioned in another thread, BTX, benzene, toluene, and p-xylene, are common additives to boost octane ratings.

Toluene = methyl benzene
p-xylene = 1,4-dimethyl benzene

Joe

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
its hard enough for half of you guys to get your car running right on C16. why add different fuel additives? i am not an exception.......

·
Registered
327 Posts
its hard enough for half of you guys to get your car running right on C16. why add different fuel additives? i am not an exception.......

Ouch! I feel the "burn"...no pun intended. :)

/vijay

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
i can see it now, girlfriends across the world posting up," WTF SOMEONE STOLEN MY POLISH REMOVER, BUT DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING ELSE OUT OF MY BOYFRIEND'S CAR":hahano: :hahano: :hahano: :hahano:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
waste of time and money to perfect the mixture. go buy 100 octane or whatever at the damn airports and be done with it. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts