Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I made a post awhile ago about the gurgling in my dash.

Now, there's white smoke coming from my exhaust manifold and my exhaust. I still doubt it's a bhg because there's no coolant leaking at all.

Also, My car's water temperature also rises alot as soon as my rpms get higher.

I did SOME searching, I can't say I did a whole lot because of my school/work schedual. I didn't find much useful info. A little help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
firstly, flush your coolant (maybe u've got some cooling channels cloged), then check your thermostat. Did u do compression test?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
sounds iffy man. you said white smoke? lets consult our chart:
smoke - fluid
blue - oil
black - fuel
white - coolant
??? - ps fluid

check your oil and see if its low. ive seen a car that was low on oil start to overheat (didnt eat the bearing!) and check your ps fluid. mine was pushing fluid in due to a faulty idle up valve.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, my friend, who I JUST found out works as a master mechanic for a toyota dealership, told me I needed to do something with my valves. More money gone from my sneaker account. Yay -_-

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
jeeze. they must teach mechanics to identify and give unknowing customers the ass rape...
prolly wants to charge you a fortune for a bunch of head work you dont need.

listen. if you got white smoke outa your tail pipe, that seems to be related to the cooling system, i.e. overheating, gurgling, ect.ect.ect. you prolly got a blown head gasket.

you dont see coolant leaking cuz its going out your exaust in the form of white smoke.
when your gasket goes it lets coolant into the combustion chamber where it gets turned into steam and expelled during the exaust stroke.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Werd.-
If you have gurgling behind the dash, it's one of two things:
Leaking heater core, or BHG causing cylinder gases to enter the cooling jacket(and your heater core).
If that is the case, that means that when you turn it off and the cylinders have no pressure, that coolant jacket pressure will leak back into the cylinders, along with some of the coolant, causing whiter smoke at startup/ warmup. If the leak is bad enough, you'll get that transfer continuously, and white smoke all the time.
You have a Blown Head Gasket.
Coolant doesn't need to leak at all from the care during BHG, but there is a strong chance that the overflow bottle will be full and overflowing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts