Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
only been riding a few days, got the opp to snap some pics. here they are.

Photo's courtesy of Brian Urbano

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
knight in fucking shiming armor... my hero *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

·
road hazard
452 Posts
looks good!

what tire pressure are you running? the tires look like they're running a bit low, especially the rear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
is that a 99 GSX-R 600?
i see you got frame sliders i guess that a must for a beginner rider
im looking to get a 01+ GSX-R 600 as my first bike
i guess im gonna invest in a set of sliders myself because i heard majority of beginners drop the bike
so i guess after i get dumb nice on it i will give her a nice paint job
sumthin like all black with a "smoke" effect to it
nice shots though u look comfortable with the bike :sadance:

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Does that helmet move around your face?????

Think snug.

How's the lic. insurance going?

·
Banned
865 Posts
You ditched my sig for a picture of yourself riding a pocket rocket? :1poke:

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
HAHAHAHAH word.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
Get some real shoes, if you go down, those *whatever brand shoe* won't do a thing to keep your ankle from shattering..

edit Realised I was wrong on shoe brand, think they are ecko's? anyway, get riding boots.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanx guys

the bike is registered and insured in my name now and the licence is in the mail!

as for my gear...

i hate it as is going to work everyday and having to wear jeans. its HOT at work as is and jeans friggin suck IMO. haha. but for the bike i do it. the shoe deal is where i give in and just wear my casual etnies or whatnot. the helmut fits nice and snug without making me lose blood pressure ot my head. :p and the jacket matches the bike so i got it eventhough it may seem rather "ricey"! :)

yes the tirt pressure was low. a whopping 9PSI!!! so i upped it to 35 on both! the ride is completly diffrent. mainly the turns! took the bike close to 100mph today. im getting used to it more and more. did circles on an empty for a good 10 full mins to get used to how low i can lean the bike. getting very comfortable with it.

might be taking this to the meets more rater than my supra! :p

^^ YES u heard that right!

·
Fasthawk
145 Posts
I'd get some textile pants. They'll fit over your jeans or even shorts and you can take them off when you get to work. And don't forget about shoes. Atleast get some construction worker boots for the commute. You covered the top-half of your body nicely, don't forget about the bottom half.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,124 Posts
Nick, for street riding, while looking casual at least, I wear Icon Super Duty boots. They're extremely comfortable but have great protection. I even end up wearing them most of the time if I'm not even riding.

Ride safe.

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
SupraNikolai said:
the helmut fits nice and snug without making me lose blood pressure ot my head.

There is no way that helmet is the right size. In all the pics I can see your mouth easy and the thing is practically over your eyes in the first pic. Rule of thumb: wear your helmet, then hold your head straight, grab the mouth of it and slide it down/forward, if it goes over your eyes at all, IT IS TOO BIG!

Just looking out for ya, you don't want that thing ripped off your head in case anything bad happens!

Congrats and Be safe!

Ishii

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks for the tip ishii, i gotta keep that in mind once i get my bike. but how do you know if a helmet is to small besides it's not fitting over your head?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts