Supra Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,434 Posts
No, what I'm saying is that the japanese ones were sold with one motor and the american ones were sold with another motor. I don't think jdm cars ever had a 7m engine and i don't the usdm cars ever had a 1jz engine. That's all I was saying...... so I wouldn't consider that a "motor refresh". They were simply sold with two different engines depending on where in the world they were sold. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that as I don't want to spread misinformation.
JDM got MANY engine options over the lifespan of the A70 chassis, with each respective chassis code beginning with the engine family. GA70, MA70, JZ70. JDM cars would get the 1G-GEU , 1G-GE, 1G-GTEU, 7M-GE, 7M-GTE, 1JZ-GTE.
USDM only got 7M-GE, 7M-GTE.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Replies with memes, ignores invitations to the coolest Supra event on the planet (although Germany has a solid competitor...), dodges any attempt to have a real conversation with constructive feedback, and yet... I'm somehow a "millenial"? I must have missed something. :p

·
Banned
96 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't think you're a millenial @te72 but I think it's funny to tell someone they "reek of vaping millenial". I'm totally going to use that on someone on another forum somewhere else, thank you for the good material @CheckElbow .

Also, thank you @chevydude for setting me straight. I had no idea the JDM cars had so many engine options over the years.

·
Banned
382 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't think you're a millenial @te72 but I think it's funny to tell someone they "reek of vaping millenial". I'm totally going to use that on someone on another forum somewhere else, thank you for the good material @CheckElbow .

Also, thank you @chevydude for setting me straight. I had no idea the JDM cars had so many engine options over the years.
If @te72 isn't a millennial, he missed one hell of a chance. Just saying. His choice of cars and overall verbage is literally a mirror image of the 20-24 year old vaping 350z kids I know who vape and play hackysack at their local Sonic.

·
Administrator
8,450 Posts
@CheckElbow ,if only you could hone your craft and reel in the insults a notch. This is my opinion and do what you do I guess.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,434 Posts

A part of me wants to get the 1G-GTE, it's a 2.0L twin turbo straight six. I like the idea of a tiny straight six. I don't know what I'd put it in though. Ii think maybe an L-Type Mk. II, or a Celica Supra, but if I'm doing a Celica Supra, then I'd rather swap an Alteeza BEAMS and six speed.

·
Blue Thunder
3,474 Posts
A part of me wants to get the 1G-GTE, it's a 2.0L twin turbo straight six. I like the idea of a tiny straight six. I don't know what I'd put it in though. Ii think maybe an L-Type Mk. II, or a Celica Supra, but if I'm doing a Celica Supra, then I'd rather swap an Alteeza BEAMS and six speed.
I totally forgot about the BEAMS/6spd combo !!! Oh well..i got a 2jz-ge vvti from my friends wrecked IS300 for free. Maybe next swap I do i'll remember the BEAMS setup !!! Good idea Chevy Dude !!!

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,434 Posts

·
Banned
382 Posts
@CheckElbow ,if only you could hone your craft and reel in the insults a notch. This is my opinion and do what you do I guess.
It's not an insult.. just an observation.

An adjective.

If he finds the term 'millenial' to be offensive.... Then I'd suppose it reflects much more about his own feelings than mine.

I don't have anything against millennials. Im just tired of them dispensing fuel into the excuse machine for the Zupr4. They are the only ones at the pump.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I believe the Mk2 received the 1G-GE, possibly the GTE, in Japan at least. It's been a few years since I read a rather extensive book chronicling the development of the Supra over the years.

If I had kept my Mk2, it would likely have gotten a BEAMS 3S. Something about 200+hp naturally aspirated out of a responsive 4 cylinder seemed fun in that chassis.

It's not an insult.. just an observation.

An adjective.

If he finds the term 'millenial' to be offensive.... Then I'd suppose it reflects much more about his own feelings than mine.

I don't have anything against millennials. Im just tired of them dispensing fuel into the excuse machine for the Zupr4. They are the only ones at the pump.
Nah, I don't take offense at the term bud. I see a habit of you jumping to assumptive conclusions though, and you couldn't be more off base with me. I've had a rather wide variety of cars over the years, and have for the last 8 or so years, owned a car older than likely anybody on this forum. Speaking of variety, spice of life, is it not?

I can't be bothered to put negative energy into a car I don't like, life's too short. Find something you like, put your energy into that, you'll get a lot more out of life that way. :)

I'm not happy with the new car either, having seen what could have been in person. Definitely a bait and switch, unfortunately. Still, with what energy we could be pouring into making hate for the new car, we could be making our own Supras that much better. That's what I intend to do. I'll circle back around to the Mk5 in a few years, see how they're holding up once they're out of warranty. History and a hunch tell me my money's more than safe. ;)

·
Banned
382 Posts
I believe the Mk2 received the 1G-GE, possibly the GTE, in Japan at least. It's been a few years since I read a rather extensive book chronicling the development of the Supra over the years.

If I had kept my Mk2, it would likely have gotten a BEAMS 3S. Something about 200+hp naturally aspirated out of a responsive 4 cylinder seemed fun in that chassis.

Nah, I don't take offense at the term bud. I see a habit of you jumping to assumptive conclusions though, and you couldn't be more off base with me. I've had a rather wide variety of cars over the years, and have for the last 8 or so years, owned a car older than likely anybody on this forum. Speaking of variety, spice of life, is it not?

I can't be bothered to put negative energy into a car I don't like, life's too short. Find something you like, put your energy into that, you'll get a lot more out of life that way. :)

I'm not happy with the new car either, having seen what could have been in person. Definitely a bait and switch, unfortunately. Still, with what energy we could be pouring into making hate for the new car, we could be making our own Supras that much better. That's what I intend to do. I'll circle back around to the Mk5 in a few years, see how they're holding up once they're out of warranty. History and a hunch tell me my money's more than safe. ;)
Won't reveal age.

The cars are your dad's.

Nah, we can keep pouring the hate on the Zupr4. It's not negative energy, it's just common sense.

Not a MK5 - nothing A90 or MK5 anywhere on the frame, parts, or chassis codes.

So stop saying it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A part of me wants to get the 1G-GTE, it's a 2.0L twin turbo straight six.
Not worth it. Had an RB20DET in the S14 prior to the 1JZ over 10 years ago. The JZ is a much better platform.
I totally forgot about the BEAMS/6spd combo
There's a transmission for sale on zilvia, but again, the smaller engines aren't worth the trouble.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Won't reveal age.

The cars are your dad's.

Nah, we can keep pouring the hate on the Zupr4. It's not negative energy, it's just common sense.

Not a MK5 - nothing A90 or MK5 anywhere on the frame, parts, or chassis codes.

So stop saying it.
Well we could keep circling this wagon until the end of time Check, but people know me bud. They know what I've built, they know the cars, they know where I've been. Who knows you around here? Who can actually vouch for knowing you?

Your ignorance does bring to mind an old comic though, that I think you'll appreciate in context here:

Duty Calls

I mean, you could keep telling people that you don't like a car, that they shouldn't buy it, that it isn't what they think it is, that it's an imposter, but really, at the end of the day, whose mind are you going to change? Have you ever successfully changed someone's mind on the internet? That's a rare thing with a civil attitude and rational mind of your caliber.

·
Banned
382 Posts
Well we could keep circling this wagon until the end of time Check, but people know me bud. They know what I've built, they know the cars, they know where I've been. Who knows you around here? Who can actually vouch for knowing you?

Your ignorance does bring to mind an old comic though, that I think you'll appreciate in context here:

Duty Calls

View attachment 248211

I mean, you could keep telling people that you don't like a car, that they shouldn't buy it, that it isn't what they think it is, that it's an imposter, but really, at the end of the day, whose mind are you going to change? Have you ever successfully changed someone's mind on the internet? That's a rare thing with a civil attitude and rational mind of your caliber.
Yea thanks Russell Crowe

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
Brad and Check, take it to PM please.

Ken.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Lol I was having a good chuckle. If you guys take it to PM please cc me so I can have some lolz too. Back on topic... sorta, my brother and I took the RB20DET out of his Skyline and put an RB25DET in it. World of difference. That 2L inline 6 was kind of a turd. I get the potential, high revving and all that, but these are both inline 6 motors...... so the larger inline 6 revs high too. Anyway, I say that because I had a small displacement inline 4 block in a car that was supposed to have a larger inline 4 in it for a few years and it absolutely ripped ass. It was very rev happy and would get to redline without a problem very quickly. I would recommend doing what makes you the happiest, as long as it doesn't involve buying a BMW based "supra".

41 - 58 of 58 Posts