Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, tonight my car overboosted and boom. the car immediatly died and wouldnt start again, i kick started the car and it started and it smoked alot. i popped the hood smoking out of the breather, smoked out of the overflow tank, smoked out the exhaust. well i engine apart and did a compression test. numbers went

1 : 210
2: 210
3: 215
4: 210
5: 180
6: 170

now it smokes when i gets to a lil higher rpms out of the exhaust. i think its a piston ring or a or i melted a ring landing which is more likely. i pulled out the #6 spark plug and it was melted, needless to say thats bad. now im prity screwed cause im kinda tight on money.

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i am in need of someone to help me swap out my motor and headgasket in texas. i can do it but i have not had that much experiance. i have the engine i just need help diong this.

if someone in texas, im in austin, who owuld feel like giving a fellow supraforums friend a hand i would worship the ground they walk on.

thanks guys!!

·
11,219 Posts
Ryan Ryan. Are you still on the stock headgasket?

Also, why's the compression so high? Does that happen when the motor is blown or something?

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
With a low of 170 I don't think your motor is blown. You may want to rethink and retrace your steps, something else is most likely wrong.

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10:1 compression, thats what your numbers should be like if you still have good numbers.

those numbers might not be right but we basically cranked until we stopped seeing the gauge go up, and number 5 and 6 were low.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Even if its a bad gauge 5 and 6 are still 30-40psi off compared to the rest. Sorry to hear about your luck... there is a guy locally that is selling a GE with a blown HG for 100 if you want it

- Kirk

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Damn Ryan sorry to hear that.. =/ good luck with the fix, let me know if you need a helping hand

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. What wastegate are you using? Hopefully you get it fixed soon without breaking the bank. Is the W58 still holding up well?

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the W58 was holding up fine, i just want to know what made my motor go pop... and i would really need some help on taking this stuff apart...

DAVE where is that online repair manual you posted it up here im looking for it and ic ant find it. it says how to do the headgasket.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
gamimnon said:
14 pounds.

hmmm 14lbs doesn't sound like alot

sorry to hear about your engine troubles, but I don't think the piston is bad, maybe just need a new headgasket
WHat color smoke is it?? If it's white then IT's just your headgasket

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
were you on the factory headgasket? if so thats most likely the only thing that blew. put a thicker metal headgasket and boost it. the factory one is .3mm paper thin

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
stock hg stock fuel pump too.... manifold got cherry red on 14psi.. wonder why :p

it just gives you a reason to do the HG and go bigger and badder this time ryan.. good luck!

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
boost controler, yeah im going bigger and better, headgasket, fuel pump, new fuel rail mabye we dont know mabye and intake maniflld

1 - 20 of 23 Posts