Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,
Im gonna make this straight to the point.

In your own opinion,
If you have a Non-turbo, and you're wishing for more power.... 500whp at least. maybe more in the later future.

Would you add a turbo the 2JZ-GE or swap in the twin-turbo engine???

I heard that the non-turbo engine is almost as strong as the turbo 2JZ. But would you risk it and turbo the non-turbo, or save up and do a swap???

I live in Orlando, FL.
are there any shops (besides Titan) that can do a swap?? that maybe I can buy a clip from them as well?

and, another question,.. Is the only different thing from the non-turbo to the twin-turbo Supra is the engine and tranny??? or does the suspension changes? differential? ect?

sorry for the newbi questions, I got tired of searching.
thanks,
Jon.

·
Banned
624 Posts
There a guy here local who has a 500hp na-t.
BL stage 2 kit I believe.
Just matters what your power goals.
500hp is still 500hp.

A swap will be more, but will have better resale.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Supra's son-MR2 said:
and, another question,.. Is the only different thing from the non-turbo to the twin-turbo Supra is the engine and tranny??? or does the suspension changes? differential? ect?
Brakes, driveshaft, rear diff, axles are all different from the NA to TT. If you source the parts yourself and do the work yourself, it isn't horribly expensive. If you have to pay someone to do it, you are better off selling your NA and getting a TT. I spent close to $6k just on parts for my TT swap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$6k is not too bad. does that include the complete engine and tranny???

i can do must of the work myself,... but i will need help on the engine swap.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Supra's son-MR2 said:
$6k is not too bad. does that include the complete engine and tranny???
I paid $2500 for a tranny, and $3500 for an engine with axles, diff, driveshaft.
I spent a little more on a different clutch and some other goodies, but it would have been $6-7k in parts if everything was stock.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
I spent about 8k JUST on my 6spd swap with new 6spd diff, used tranny, fresh rebuild on said tranny, new 6spd axle, used driveshaft, and new HPF Feramic clutch... also misc. 6spd hardware and brackets, new shifter, etc.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
If you haven't already, ask this question in the NA section.
And yes, the TT has quite a few differences with the NA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.