Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought one of these remote filter mounts for my car and my plan is to place it in line from the outgoing line of transmission / torque converter but I am starting to wonder if I enough pressure in the trans lines to push through this filter then thru two trans coolers before it goes back to my trans?

Here is pic of what I bought for reference.

Does anyone know how much pressure is in those line and if there is anything I need to worry about with regards to the adding a filter inline to fluid circuit.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
707 Posts
Extra cooling to the auto tranny is a great thing but an extra in line filter would most likely reduce flow pressure greatly and is not needed. It will just add unwanted weight to your car.

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Bob, what cooler setup do you have? I have a Euro cooler with a fan on my driver side, but wanting to add a second setup to my passenger area......any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have one, as well as Blackbird...no problems here

Jason

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys!

My tech that helps me out with most of my installs said we will verify good flow once we get everything installed on the car. He does not think the addition of the filter will cause any problems. If it does I will be able to fix it easily.

gothaimviii -

I have two large B+M coolers mounted in both the left and right ducts in the front bumper cover. They both have spal pulller fans mounted on them that I control via a toggle switch mounted on my dash. The two coolers really do a great job in keeping my temps sane even in the florida heat with a 3800rpm stall.

Hope that help you,
Bob

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
It will help it will catch some sludge in the filter.
All the better to help increase the life of the tranny.

·
Supraforums Member
704 Posts
Hate to resurrect threads but figured it would rather this than hear the search police complaining.

Bob, or anyone else for that matter, know how this will affect flow pressure?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts