Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we have a car which is about to recieve an SP61GT bolt up turbo (got a reeeely good $ too), and I just wanted to get some opinions, projections, or if anyone notices anything left out that the car will need, please let me know. What the car has so far is: Lex/550/walbro/AFPR/SAFC2, full exhaust from the elbow back, intake, 2.5" IC pipes, a custom medium sized FMIC, and a profec A. Rebuilt motor 9k ago and put in 1.2 MHG with ARP's. Still have the stock intake tract and exhaust manifold. Problem? Let me know. Also, what do you think the boost limitations will be (safely) for compression and fuel? Thanks for your input.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
sounds like a winning combo to me.

for pump gas i wouldnt push more than 15psi.
race gas i wouldnt push more than 25psi.

hope it goes well!

dave

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dave. Anything we could do to push more boost on pump gas safely?

E

·
0 Posts
If you are still on the stock turbo elbow, ditch that pos. Not sure from your description but it sounds like you still have the stocker. You will see a huge improvement from that alone.

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
suprafly1986 said:
Thanks dave. Anything we could do to push more boost on pump gas safely?
Sure. If you are unlike many on here who have 91, and actually have 93 at the pump then all you have to do is crank it up and you can run 18-19 on pump gas. A lot of the guys on here only get 91 so they say to run 15-17 psi. I've seen people run 20-21 on pump gas 93 without a problem, but i just wouldnt chance it...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yes it will bolt up but it may need some modification to fit perfectly and for the wastegate divider to fit properly. I plan to modify my bic ddp when I get my sp61-

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
NO, It will bolt up to the turbo. It just needs some minor modification to fit *properly*. The bolt holes are the same, the SP61 is a plug and play turbo meaning it will fit downpipes made for the ct26... The one BIC is making for the sp61 is with the slight fitment issues taken care of already.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
njsupramk3: thanks for telling me something I knew 2 months ago.
quote:Originally posted by MK3_Legend OT: Question will an SP61GT bolt straight up on a BICs' DDP?

NO, but bic is making one...
:wtf: :scratch: Contradiction anyone?

EDIT- how many times are you going to edit your post to try and come out ahead here?

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
83'Mk2L said:
:wtf: :scratch: Contradiction anyone?
Sorry, no contradiction there genius . the wastegate divider obviously has to be changed, thats why bic is making a sp61gt specific version. Thats why I said "no".

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
Sorry, no contradiction . the wastegate divider obviously has to be changed, thats why bic is making a sp61gt specific version. Thats why I said "no".
njsupramk3t is correct. It will bolt up, but it wont fit right, so its pretty much useless.

He is making a SP61GT specific BICDD. I'm looking forward to it.

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep, 93 octane here, and we have a custom 3" turbo elbow if that wasn't clear. No exhaust manifold yet though.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
83'Mk2L said:
He asked if it will bolt up. It will. Why the name calling? I havn't called you anything.
because he wants to feel better than you. welcome to supraforums.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I would say thats a good setup. Wind it out with race gas on the dyno, 20+ psi. I want to see someone do 450-500 rwhp. Not too many people have made big power yet on that turbo.

The ddp will bot on to the SP housing but the space between the inside walls is wider on the SP housing. If you put the ddp on the SP housing you will have an exhaust leak because there will be about a 1/8" gap at the sides of the divider. I will have a SP ddp proto done in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts