Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who uses what?

I am looking at a couple different Corbeau models. TRS and the A4, 27 and 25 lbs. respectively. A bit lighter than the Sparco equivalents at $200 less. They should have no fitment issues, but I am looking for some reviews on what people are currently using.

Pics below are my findings for some Corbeau seats and their dimensions.

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
I have the Recaro SE (same model as the jza70 recaros) ... Everyone that has been in my car says the same thing... "Man these are the most confortable racing seats"

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for anything that's not a 65lb stock electric everything (although very comfy and functional) fat lard of a seat. So basically anything I could buy to replace the stock seats.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i'd like some of the JIC seats for my supe. can't think of anybody thats got 'em on this board but i may be wrong. so i think that you should get those and tell me how they are. :)

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
:worthless
mark3dman said:
i'd like some of the JIC seats for my supe. can't think of anybody thats got 'em on this board but i may be wrong. so i think that you should get those and tell me how they are. :)

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
i just bought a pair of these :D

comfortable and decent priced :D

chris

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what are your impressions of the quality, comfort and adjustability? That was another model I looked at. Any fitment issues due to size? ANything you can tell me about them. ANy extra hardware required (mounting rails etc...)

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
the A4's are tiny seats. unless you are a little guy they arent gonna be comfortable.

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dbsupra said:
the A4's are tiny seats. unless you are a little guy they arent gonna be comfortable.
I was kinda getting that impression from the pics. Most of their regular sized seats go up to 36" waist, then they have a Wide option to accomodate up to 40" waists. Being that I have a 34" waist (more info than most guys care to know) I would likely go with the regular sized seat. I like the fact that even the TRS and CR1 are 7 pounds lighter? than the Sparco Torino 2, and more compared to some of the other adjustable models. Are there any other well priced options?

How's the comfort in the CR1's during longer driving times? As comfy as stock? I love the stock lumbar and Adjustable Kidney supports, but I'd like to shed some pounds off the car without losing too much comfort.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
i talked to one of the guys at corbeau before i bought mine. the sizing is very subjective. they are designed to be tight and if you are near the top of the size scale its gonna be a super tight fit. maybe this is what you want, but it wouldnt be the most comfortable in drives over an hour or so.
they do have an inflatable lumbar option. its a little on the cheesy side w/ the blood pressure hand pump. but its steath since the actual lumbar is mounted before the seat is covered and very effective.
not everyone wants the seat to fit the same way. if possible its best to sit in a few and see what you like best.

edit: just checked for dealers in your area and there arent any. you can give them a call direct at (801) 255-3737. they have always been pretty helpful.

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dbsupra said:
i talked to one of the guys at corbeau before i bought mine. the sizing is very subjective. they are designed to be tight and if you are near the top of the size scale its gonna be a super tight fit. maybe this is what you want, but it wouldnt be the most comfortable in drives over an hour or so.
they do have an inflatable lumbar option. its a little on the cheesy side w/ the blood pressure hand pump. but its steath since the actual lumbar is mounted before the seat is covered and very effective.
not everyone wants the seat to fit the same way. if possible its best to sit in a few and see what you like best.

edit: just checked for dealers in your area and there arent any. you can give them a call direct at (801) 255-3737. they have always been pretty helpful.
Yeah I was just gonna say that it would be kinda tough finding a place to actually sit in one around here. Maybe I'll find a place that does have them a plan a road trip. Besides, I like driving. Thanks for the info.

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
the fit is nice n snugg, and they are very comfortable, i havent gotten them yet, they should be here in the next few days :D but the 1s that automod has on display for you to sit in are very nice :)

ill post pix once i actually get them :)

chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts