Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently installing a turbo timer and since i'm not going to be able to leave my car in gear anymore when i park it, i'm going to need to fix my emergency brake. Currently, it clicks up about 16 times and it won't even hold me on a 5 degree incline (literally). How do I go about adjusting this and is there a way to do it without taking off the rear wheels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
its very very easy you need 2 whenches i think its a 10mm or 8mm whench
when you take the center cosole out ..on the side of the emergency break(side of the passenger) you will see 2 nuts ..loosen the top one and then tighten the other one untill its where you want the bkrak leaver to be at
then re-tighten the top one and your done!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help Ranger. I couldn't believe how easy that was to do. I had the center console piece off already cuz i was tapping into my e-brake for the turbo timer, so i did this in about 30 seconds. Thanks again man.

·
10,459 Posts
np glad i could help ;)so any pics of your install???

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually ranger, i just installed my turbo timer and S-AFC and everything is still left out so i could take some nice pics for you if you wanted. If you want pics of where i installed them, i can take those tomorrow, i haven't mounted the units yet. (My saulder gun pooped out, so i couldn't saulder my connections) I want to mount the turbo timer where the trac button is and mount the AFC under my head unit .

·
3,148 Posts
I believe the factory manual recommends 5 click if properly adjusted.

Later, Steve

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve Jarvis said:
I believe the factory manual recommends 5 click if properly adjusted.

Later, Steve
Are you sure 5 is right? I remember thinking 7 for some odd reason. However, it's an easy enough adjustment i'll change it to 5 tomorrow morning if you're sure.

·
10,459 Posts
please post some pics i like to keep them for tech resons many thanks!

·
3,148 Posts
I think the manual gives a range of like 5-7 clicks. I chose the lowest setting. I can look tonight.

Later, Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts