Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how do I go about adjusting the gas pedal, The pedal on my 89T is alittle close to the floor and i hate it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Neal

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
also check and see if you get full throttle when the pedal is to the floor, i had a buch of play in mine.

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the pedal is pretty firm and i really can't pull it towards me. I just thought there was a way of adjusting the pedal to bring up a bi more.. Thanks for the input guys

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
you might be able to bend it, if there is no adjustment

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok Racerstud, i'll try that. i thought there was some screw or some wire i could ease up and that would cause the pedal to rise.

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
it can ony be adjusted to a point cuz the cable is only so long

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
djmesican said:
well.i try pushing the cable back in and it's harder then crap....and on my SCA i dunno if that black rubber thing around the cable supposed to be stuck to it or not. mines separted from it...that good?
that is the cruise control linkage you're talking about I think.

:D

Shouldn't be hard if it's the throttle cable.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
dirty linkage... I used some wd40 and carefully move the cable in and out.

Move the springs, and grease them up.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
On mine when I had play in the pedal... there was a black rubber spacer missing off the throttle linkage assembly on top of the valve cover. Make sure that the black spacer is there and go from there. If its not, get one from the dealer or become creative...because without it, you are losing HP due to a lack of full throttle.

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
my bad. i meant the bolts not on the tb but on that other thing. i dont know what its called. someone help me out

·
Registered
114 Posts
TPS? or are you talking about the idle screw

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
i mean the bolts that go with the throttle cable. on a 7m-ge. the throttle cable ends up on these brackets that have screws that you can tighten and loosen. if you do that, does it affect the timing?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts