Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I am trying to find the cause for some jerking I get when getting off or on the gas pedal or engaging the clutch.

I bought a new TPS and want to calibrate it, but I saw that my old tuner shop messed around with 2 of the stopping screws (right when that jerking problem started). Both of their white paint seals are broken. The one right at the TPS lever and the one on the other side of the throttle body. They are both sitting on some kind of shock absorber (?).
How do I set those screws properly?

·
Registered
806 Posts
iam actually encountering this right now. I installed some 264 cams(1jz) and I needed to adjust my tps for throttle and idle control(along with my idle screw). I know you are SUPPOSTED TO. hook up a voltmeter and calibrate this. but me iam more sensible as this is my only current daily at the moment.

-I marked the center/original position of the tps and I drove it around and made adjustments accordingly.

that's what I did.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's more than adjusting the screws... you need a feeler gauge and volt meter. read up the service manual

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not talking about the TPS itself, I know how to adjust it. I just mean the stop screws. They have been tampered with and are not in the original position anymore.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nobody knows how to set them properly? That would mean I am screwed and need to buy a whole new throttle body for like $1400?
Heres a picture of which ones I mean (the left and right markings, ignore the top one).

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts