Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just installed my Greddy type S BOV,

How shall I adjust the spring,

I've heard that it should be as soft as possible but not so soft that the idle is climbing beacause of sucking air through it.

Mine is set almost as soft as possible but the idle isn't climbing anyway....

I can hear it blow but it´s not louder then stock with my conefilter....is it really this quiet ?

and also...if boosting about 18psi and let of the gas very slowly it makes some weard noise....but the sound is like when you blow from the side of a coke...hhchccccccoooooooooooo...:) you get it right ?.....of course you don't......

Please help me adjusting my BOV, how loud is yours and how have you set the spring...will it sound more if I tighten the spring ?

help needed

thx.
:cool:

F

·
0 Posts
I have mine cranked down hard, all the way..... though it was that way when I bought the car. I've never had a problem with it (that I know of).

I too get a strange, loud sound (not blowoff) on occasion..... always wondered what that was myself....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fitchbuck,

Thx for your answer,

more Qs, if you have your spring that hard, how easy does ot blow off?

of you just boost a little to about 2-3psi and then let of..do you hear it blow ?

how many mm or inches do you se of the adjustment over the tightening bolt ?

/

F

·
0 Posts
My car has been down for a month (see sig), so I can't go for a quick run to answer your questions.... but I will do my best from memory.

I believe I get blowoff at every shift while driving aggresively. Obviously if you have only been giving it half throttle and reach rpms and want to shift, it doesnt blowoff.... I can only assume this is the way all bovs work.

I'll be continuing to run with the type S once my single turbo is installed, so I could follow up thereafter if no-one else steps up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.....good luch with your single install..

Seems that I have my spring way to soft....

If I just make a little trottle so the boost builds about 1psi and then let of I can hear the BOV...not hard blow off but a soft ppssshhhhhh

What can happen if i tighten the spring to much?

If I hear the BOV when boosting 5-7psi and let of the trottle is it ok then ?

/

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
I was told that weird noise you her instead of ther blowoff is justthe intake, i heard i on my trip back home after buying my car. I called the X owner and he said it was normal..just the intake making its noises.

·
0 Posts
on the greddy type s isnt that set up to run an open element setup?

also if u run it as an open element then doesnt it make the car die at idle?

just wonderin..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok...so the weird noise is comming from the intake then, nothing to worry about i guess..

yes, I have my as a atmospheric BOV, and it doesn´t die at all at idle I guess it will if the spring is so soft that it leaks during idle....but my don't

Anybody who recommend me to tighten the spring ? will it be louder ? can I cause any damage to the engine ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts