Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably gonna get these rims for my car this summer but I was wondering if there are any more pics out there as well as what offset people are running? With the staggered fitment, the rear lip looks nice and huge but the front one is small. Anyone running big lips front and rear? Would this look silly having the same big lip on both? Would probably require front fender rolling.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Here is a pic of MattoneDime's car before he bought it from the original owner:

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Here's mine. This happened kinda by accident. I took the msports off my SC300 because they wouldn't clear my supra TT brakes I wanted to swap. I swapped them for my supra TT wheels (on the mk3) for the ADR's.

Not to bad, they need to get cleaned up a bit.

Edit:
235's up front. 265 rear on Khumo supra tires w/ 1/4" spacer up front.

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
M-Sports

I used to have them, and they fit just fine. I had 235/40's up front, and 265/35's on the rear. I did try the 9.5's on the front, and they hit the lower control arm at full turn in. Probably would be okay with a 10mm spacer, but then you'd definately have to have rolled fenders. The finish on the rims is shit though! :mad: maybe if you don't use any chemical wheel cleaners on them, it might last longer. Clear coat was peeling badly within' a year of purchase. but, they are cheap chinese junk, and you get what you pay for! :ugh2: Still look good, especially with the new black finish. :)

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: 235's up front. 265 rear on Khumo supra tires w/ 1/4" spacer up front.

So the spacer is necessary up front? Good to know. I'm planning on running 245 front and 275 rear. Should be no problem?

Hey NJsupraA70, are MattoneDime's rims chrome or hyper black? They look wicked!

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
M-Sports

Matt's are chrome (I think!?) I had Hyper-black, and they looked alot different than Matt's. I'm not sure you really need the spacers for the fronts (18x8.5) I would just run a 245/35 or 40 up front, and 275's out back. I also took a heat gun and aluminum baseball bat, and pushed in all the low spots, on the flimsy plastic inner fender liners. No rubbing issues at all! :) You will get alot of compliments on the rims, they really do look nice! :bigthumb:

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,950 Posts
tekdeus said:

So the spacer is necessary up front? Good to know. I'm planning on running 245 front and 275 rear. Should be no problem?

No spacers are needed what are ya talking about! I had 255s up front and 285 30s out back with no rub!

·
GO OILERS GO!
352 Posts
What about Will Neely's old MK3?

·
!black
4,622 Posts
tekdeus said:

I had a spacer on there already to make the TT mkiv rims a bit more flush, I just never took it off when installing these M-sports :)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
rm777 said:
What about Will Neely's old MK3?
I forgot what happened to his car, did he sell?

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
SupraOfDoom said:
I forgot what happened to his car, did he sell?

I assumed it was parted out. Maybe somebody knows.

btw his were 19's, talk about heavy wheels lol.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
NJsupraA70 said:
I assumed it was parted out. Maybe somebody knows.

btw his were 19's, talk about heavy wheels lol.
it was sold/traded. the guy then took some of the stuff off, did some street racing and havent heard about it since. this was maybe 2yrs ago or better.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
dbsupra said:
it was sold/traded. the guy then took some of the stuff off, did some street racing and havent heard about it since. this was maybe 2yrs ago or better.

Well theres the answer. Thanks Dave. :) I always figured it was parted out since I havent seen it reappear anywhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts