Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
From the land down under
4,217 Posts
No.

Unless youre a professional racing driver, you will NEVER be able to modulate the brake pedal as well as the ABS will in an emergency stop, and even if you were, it would be a hard task to not end up flat spotting a few tyres in your attempts.

The ABS is there for a reason, and the weight savings arent worth the potential for tears when things go wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.

Unless youre a professional racing driver, you will NEVER be able to modulate the brake pedal as well as the ABS will in an emergency stop, and even if you were, it would be a hard task to not end up flat spotting a few tyres in your attempts.

The ABS is there for a reason, and the weight savings arent worth the potential for tears when things go wrong.
okay! is there any way to get the abs sensor? I think mine are damaged and it does not matter to remove the abs

·
From the land down under
4,217 Posts
I think I read on here recently that the sensors had been discontinued, but dont quote me on that.

If they are discontinued, you could always try and find a SC300 at a bone yard and pull them off that though :)

Are you getting fault codes?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I read on here recently that the sensors had been discontinued, but dont quote me on that.

If they are discontinued, you could always try and find a SC300 at a bone yard and pull them off that though :)

Are you getting fault codes?
yes, I have abs light!

lexus sc300 abs sensors work for toyota supra mk4?

·
Tree Hugger
810 Posts
I deleted my ABS on my GS300 because of a terrible location plus brake lines running very closely to the turbo manifold and turbo hot side (the JZS147 engine bay is slightly narrower in the shock towers); then had to daily drive the car for a year and about 10k miles. I would advise not to remove the ABS for a street driven car because it is far easier in emergency situations to lock up the tires. I've had two examples in the past year where my tires locked up on me because I stabbed the brakes too hard running 245/285 tires, it could've easily been prevented with the assistance of an ABS system that takes up the user error in reactionary situations like that.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,527 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,603 Posts
You need to unbolt your ABS sensors, clean off the debris and re-install them. They are magnets and will pick up metal debris from time to time. That causes them to not work. That is probably your issue.

Steve

Reactions: thadius

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You need to unbolt your ABS sensors, clean off the debris and re-install them. They are magnets and will pick up metal debris from time to time. That causes them to not work. That is probably your issue.

Steve
The problem is that they are stuck, they do not let me remove them easily

·
Boost Junkie
12,603 Posts
They may take a little prying or twisting - be careful as they are plastic and metal. I can almost guarantee that is your issue. You may also want to replace the o-rings as well when you get them off.

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had this same issue, and taking out the sensors and cleaning them solved it for me. Perhaps running diagnostic would tell you which needs to be cleaned and save you the time of pulling all of them.

·
Boost Junkie
12,603 Posts
Yeupers. When you remove them use your fingers to jiggle them back and forth and slowly lift them away from the spindle. If you have to pry, try to use a large flat head or plastic scraping tool or trim removal tool. Be gentle and take your time. More than likely, your ABS sensors have some debris on one of them. It only takes one to cause the issues you are having. Use some silicone grease on the o-rings when you re-install them and slide them into place.

Steve

Reactions: JOutterbridge
1 - 17 of 17 Posts