Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some advice guys

my car is having some brake issues - the pedal pressure is very high, it doesn't depress almost any distance at all, but i can still brake by pressing harder on the pedal.

also, when i roll to a stop, it jolts to a stop by itself, instead of smoothly decelerating.

the problem comes and goes, but recently have been getting worse. usually if i park the car and let it sit for some time, then the brakes return to normal, but now its starting to stay around longer.

im pretty sure the brakes are stuck somehow, but what should i do? bleed the braking system? change pads? change calipers?

i was thinking maybe because of the turbo, somehow it is heating up the brake fluid and perhaps getting it stuck with junk? my turbo has no blanket/heat shield.

thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I would check the calipers...sounds like you may have a piston that is stuck all the way out.

Check the obvious items....fluid, brakes, calipers, rotors, etc. Something that bad should be easy to find.

As for the turbos heating up the brake fluid....doubtful. Yes it can happen, but only in road races or courses would you find this problem.

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
blue_3li said:
need some advice guys

my car is having some brake issues - the pedal pressure is very high, it doesn't depress almost any distance at all, but i can still brake by pressing harder on the pedal.
You might be losing your power assist to your brakes.
I was racing another NA and my throttle got stuck open, had to cut the car off at about 125mph. with no power assist it sucks, gives you a scarly feeling.

That could be your problem, but of course check the obvious first.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woohoo it just got completely screwed :mad:

mergin onto the highway, brakes completely locked. couldnt get over 40mph at 50% throttle. didnt wanna go full throttle and boost.

pulled over, shut car off and let it cool down for about 15 minutes. after some time, started it up again and the brakes were fine!!! took her home real carefully and never broke very hard.

what could be the problem? im not a very hands on guy with my car, so im gonna send it to a shop, but i would like some advice from you guys first so i can have an idea of what to tell them to look at....

any help??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okays its the brake lining according to the store. 400 to swap all 4 brake linings and pads and resurface rotors - is this a fair price? thanks!!!!

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Pads and rotors you can do your self for half that. With new rotors. If you can use a wrench then its easy.

I have no idea what brake linings are...must be a part of the caliper.

If you decide to do it your self, pads and rotors; then we can walk you through it, hell Ill even take pics for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts