Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing an 87 turbo. It was recently painted and had leather put in. A few months ago it blew the head gasket. They replaced it and had the head milled, don't know if they did anything to the block. After that it got a knock in it. I have heard it and it doesn't sound too bad only starts when the engine is reved up. The car comes with a 88 na, the engine is good. I thought about doing a temp swap until I figure out what to do with the 7mgte. The 88 needs body work and new bumpers. The guy only wants $2800 for both. What would ya'll recommend.:confused:

D

·
0 Posts
It would probably be worth it.. but would take a lot of work on your part. Depends if you have the time/energy/money to swap engines twice, completely rebuilt one..then part out the na to try to get something out of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I do paint and body my intentions with the na is to fix it and sell it. It looks like someones ex took a baseball bat to it but missed all of the windows.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Buy the Supra (s) they are fun cars.
You will need a motor for the turbo, knock is not self repairing. :(
Good news is if you can pull the pan asap, and find the damaged bearing, you can just buy a new bearing and see if that will fix the problem? (Change your oil & filter every 500 miles for a month or two, sounds like they left some crap in the engine during the MHG replacement.)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dosent sound bad at all if your getting two supras.like you said I would fix up the na best I could and sell it.Then put that money into the turbo.There was a na 88 down by me that sat out one week that sold for 2000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts